Chapter 6: First Dungeon

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-December 1, 2022- 1st Floor - Town of Beginnings -

The virtual sun rose over the Town of Beginnings and a chestnut-haired swordswoman covered her shoulders with her dark red-brown cloak. She placed the hood over her head and exited the room of the inn she took shelter at. She once again ignored the NPC that wished safe travel and headed towards the exit. She opened the door to see the same armored swordsman who taught her how to use her blade waiting for her.

Asuna: Good morning, what will we be doing today?

Ares: Good morning, your training is over.

Asuna: Wait...What?

Ares: I taught you enough so that you can fight on your own. I'll be heading to a dungeon and wanted to give you a heads-up... See you around.

He said as he began to walk away. He was normally like this, always stating something and leaving without making any other conversation. It appears that he didn't have many friends and he tended to avoid being in crowds or with other people in general. Dungeons are a great way to level up in this game and most quests involved them. She raised her level significantly through all the training she did with him but she needs more experience, almost 1,500 players have already died. She needs to know what to expect when they finally find the lair of the first boss.

Without saying anything, she followed him and eventually walked beside him. He noticed this but continued walking.

Ares: ...What are you doing?

Asuna: Joining you of course.

Ares: ...Alright.

Asuna: You're not going to object?

Ares: I taught you how to fight, you're more than capable to protect yourself. I'm not your parent to boss you around... You can do whatever you please.

This surprised the cloaked girl, all her life she was told what to do and she followed them to the letter. She receives a notification that says

<<ARES WANTS TO PARTY WITH YOU, ACCEPT?>>

But now she meets this young man who is giving her this new freedom, it feels......refreshing. She clicked the <<YES>> button.

-TimeSkip-

They arrive at the dungeon which was south of the safe zone, much farther than she has gone in that direction.

Asuna: So what now?

Ares: We search for anything inside and fight off anything that attacks us. We'll map out this area in case the boss room is here. Keep an eye out, they changed things to where the mobs can sneak up because of their sneaking skill.