Chapter 39: Memory Lane

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it. Big thanks to @Vven10 for the idea.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- April 13, 2024 - 55th Floor - Granzam-

The click of Asuna's boots echoed through the stone and marble halls of the Knights of the Blood Oath headquarters as she made her way to the council chamber. Each step was purposeful, a reflection of her newfound position as vice commander. She had worked tirelessly to earn this honor, proving herself to every member of the guild.

As she entered the council chamber, the atmosphere was stoic, and the council members' faces showed great strength. Heathcliff, the guild leader, sat at the center of the curved table, his gaze steady as he regarded Asuna.

 Heathcliff, the guild leader, sat at the center of the curved table, his gaze steady as he regarded Asuna

Heathcliff: Vice Commander Asuna, thank you for joining us so soon. We have convened to discuss your squad. The dedication and rise of capability of Squad B under your leadership has not gone unnoticed. However, with you also planning formations for every squad for our boss raid, we believe it would be in your best interest for you to have a sub-commander to assist you.

His voice always carried the weight of authority in every room.

Asuna: Understood, Commander. I will begin searching for a worthy candidate to forfill that role.

Heathcliff: That won't be necessary, Vice Commander. For we have already chosen a sub-commander for you, one we believe will be up to your expectations.

As the doors to the chamber opened, all eyes turned to the figure entering. A young girl walked in with a calm demeanor, her purple hair flowing behind her like a banner of determination. Her red eyes held a silent intensity as she took her place beside Asuna.

 Her red eyes held a silent intensity as she took her place beside Asuna