Chapter 38: A Warrior's Heart

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it. I made up a word in this chapter, find it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- January 22, 2025 - Neutral Territory -

With the wind on their face, flying high above the ground, the party of three flew to the alliance meeting between the Sylphs and Catsiths. Left with no other option but to party along with the alliance raid army, the single-horned swordsman and his two Sylph companions race through the air, or as fast as his controller allows him.

Goblin Slayer: How much longer till we arrive, Recon?

Recon: We shouldn't be too far, just at that ridge!

Leafa: I bet we'll make it on- ...do you guys see that?

With them being incredibly high in the air, the trees below them appear small but flying just above the trees was a group of red armored players heading toward the ridge.

Recon: T-That's a Salamander attack squad! Are they planning to ambush the alliance meeting?! That's roughly 70 players down there!

Leafa: If they surprise attack the meeting, it will be an all-out war across the three races, and we'll never reach the top of the World Tree! Everyone would be too focused on taking the other out.

Goblin Slayer: ...Not if I have anything to say about it.

~~~

Down at the ridge, both the Sylphs and Catsith armies stood tall, battle-ready

Down at the ridge, both the Sylphs and Catsith armies stood tall, battle-ready. They noticed the approaching Salamander army, just as the conference was about to begin. Sakuya, the leader of the Sylph race, and Alicia Rue, the leader of the Catsiths stared down the now-surrounding army of red Salamanders who hovered before them.

The world was blanketed in the moment of silence before slaughter. One of the salamanders raised a hand. Just as he was about to give the signal to attack—

Goblin Slayer: Wait!

Descending between the soon-to-be battleground, the armored swordsman lands and stands his ground, facing the salamanders. Landing next to the Sylph leader, the Leafa and Recon join her side.

Sakuya: Leafa? What's the meaning of this? What's happening?

Leafa: We'll explain later. For now, we wait and see.