Chapter 12: The Fall and Rise of Guilds

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- March 30, 2023 - 25th Floor - Giltstein Forest -

The moon rose over the dangerous 25th floor. The assault team had been making good progress and reached one quarter of the game. This floor had to be considered the most dangerous and deadly floors the assault team had seen. It was covered in booby traps, mazes, and poisonous swamps. The death count had increased with this single floor alone, it even gave the beater a run for his money since he did not pass it in the beta. Luckily the boss room was found and the guilds had placed the raid date for tomorrow.

Currently, our heroes camp out in the forest, the closest town near the boss room would be too far to reach in the morning. The wood cracked as the fire grew and the sound of the night sky filled the air. Asuna munched on the warm cheese that her partner and herself made. The boy had been teaching her simple recipes and she quickly picked up the cooking skill. Her partner in crime was reading his poem book as he poked the fire with his blade.

 Her partner in crime was reading his poem book as he poked the fire with his blade

Asuna: *Eating* Who do you think will get the final attack bonus tomorrow?

Ares: ...Not sure, but it doesn't matter. All that matters is that we win and our chances look higher now.

Asuna: Why do you say that?

Ares: Kirito told me that another guild will be joining us. Hear that their leader is skilled, I want to see how much. You should get some rest, I'll keep watch.

Asuna: Okay, just don't stay up too late.

She finished eating her food and leaned against a tree near the fire. She covered herself with a blanket and drifted off into a peaceful dream. She had noticed that whenever she sleeps around the young man her nightmares would disappear.

Once she was finally out, the boy continued to read while holding his blade out, ready for anything.

Ares: *Thoughts* Strength

Mental and Physical;
Emotional, raw

Strength keeps you going
When you feel you can go no more.

If you're wondering if you're strong,
The answer is always yes.

Don't underestimate
The silent strength
that you don't know you possess.