Chapter 41: Peace

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- May 17, 2025 - Nishitokyo - SAO Returnee School -

Since [Sword Art Online] thankfully ended at the beginning of November of last year, that allowed the trapped students to return to school

However, the government had its concerns about sending SAO survivors back to normal public schools. First, the amount of school material SAO survivors had missed for being trapped for two years, which greatly set them back academically. Second, the psychological trauma they have suffered is something very difficult to acclimate back to society. And lastly, the public had concerns that SAO survivors might be violent and a threat.

So to ease the public and their concerns, the government opened a Returnee School. Where they can help students academically, get them back on track to their career goals, and provide psychiatric help in a safe environment.

An electronic chime mimicking the sound of a bell signaled the end of the morning classes. The teacher turned off the widescreen monitor, and the mood in the classroom relaxed, students picked up their bags and walked out into the hall. Old guildmates and party members meeting up, front-line players catching up with each other. All without the stress of virtual death looming over their heads.

Easily moving through the crowd, a set of brown hair made his way towards the courtyard. A fresh new brick path started at the door and wound through lines of sapling trees. The plain concrete building that loomed over the branches was nothing special to look at, but for a school thrown together using an old building left unused after school district consolidation, it was an impressive campus.

After a minute or two of walking through the tunnel of greenery, the brick path led to a small, circular garden. The outer perimeter was decorated with a number of flower beds and plain wooden benches. Sitting on one of them was a female student, looking up at the sky.

Her long brown hair fell straight down the back of her deep blue school blazer. Her skin was a pale white, but a rosy blush had recently returned to her cheeks. Her slender legs were extended forward, held neatly together, and covered in long black socks.

Her brown loafers were tapping in rhythm on the bricks as she stared into the azure sky. The sight was so endearing that he had to stop at the entrance of the garden and watch. When she looked down and noticed him, her face morphed into a smile once she caught a look at his face.