Chapter 40: Reunion

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- January 22, 2025 - World Tree -

The light consumed him and everything turned to white

The light consumed him and everything turned to white. The feeling of being teleported was a familiar one, similar to that of SAO. Once the sensation of touching the ground returned, he opened his eyes and looked around. It was a very... strange place. Unlike the detailed and beautiful environment of Swilvane and Alne, which fit into the expectations of the mythology, this location was nothing but flat white surfaces with no details or textures whatsoever.

He appeared to be in the middle of a very long hallway. It was not straight but curved gently to the right. Seeing as there weren't enemies nearby, he put away his flaming sword in its scabbard. With no clear direction to go, he decided to go right. Walking down the hallway, it appeared to be endless.

What confused him was what Leafa had told him. Apparently if one was to reach the top, they would be met with the Fairy King and their fairy race would become Alf's, but nothing around him seemed to indicate any of that whatsoever. Deciding not to waste more time any longer, he started to run, and after a minute a wall came into view. Running up to it, it did appear to be a door. Looking to the left, there was a panel on the wall with a numerical keypad.

Left with no other choice, he entered 5 random digits, but a beep signified he wasn't allowed to enter. He tried once more but again, not allowed.

Pulling out his blade, he stabbed through the panel and the doors slid up, greeting him with a massive sunset. Walking out, he noticed he was standing at an unfathomably high altitude. The horizon was clearly curved from this vantage point. He was standing at the top of the World Tree, a place players in this world can only dream to reach.

The large branch stretched ahead toward the sunset. An artificial path was carved into the center of the wood. What lay ahead was obscured by the growth of leaves, but through them, he could see something gleaming and golden catching the light of the sun. Without hesitation, he ran out.