Chapter 2: Hidden Log Out

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- November 19, 2022 - 1st Floor - Town of Beginnings -

The girl gasps as she wakes up from a dreadful dream. Being covered in virtual sweat did not make her feel better.

The chestnut-haired girl sits up on her bed and pushes her knees up to her chest and hugs her legs

Akihiko: {There is only one way for a player to escape now -- you must clear the game.}

It has been like this ever since she arrived in this trap. His voice, a constant reminder of where she is currently. A reminder of how impossible it is to escape. Haunting her dreams, like an unremovable plague.

It has been two weeks since November 6, 2022. The day of the official release of "Sword Art Online" was the day when 10,000 people were trapped in a dangerous world filled with monsters and difficult bosses on every floor. That same day, 213 players died due to being disconnected from the outside world. The same day when Asuna's world shattered.

Since then, she has roamed around the Town of Beginnings, the first floor of Aincrad out of 100. Scared of leaving the safe zone that is the town, she mostly remains in her room as a stream of endless tears runs down her smooth face. She does own some low-level armor and a beginner's sword but was unable to understand how to activate a sword skill. Using 'sword skills' will be a big advantage against creatures she may find outside the safe zone. Being unable to do that has made her lose hope in clearing the game.

 Being unable to do that has made her lose hope in clearing the game