Chapter 33: Goblin Slayer

(A/N): Hey guys, hope you enjoy.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- January 20th, 2025 - Neutral Territory, Ancient Forest -

Reaching down and yanking out the blade from the goblin's skull, virtual blood sticks to the blade and the goblin's body bursts into digital crystals. His breathing was heavy, but calming himself down, he turned to the frozen battle. 3 heavily armored players in red cornering 1 female player in green. The girl snaps back to reality.

Leafa: What are you doing? Get out of here!

Salamander2: You better listen noob. Get your ass outta here.

Adkin: ...Player killers. Just what I was looking for.

Salamander1: This punk. Don't you know who we are!?

His helmet turned to the right, cracking his neck. He spun his blade before readying his blade as if pulling an arrow.

Adkin: ...You're practice.

The first one came at him with a standard lance attack. The swordsman stood still, his form never faltered. Closer and faster he approached. Finally, the swordsman made his move as they reached one another. The slayer made one simple swing. The lancer on the other hand made his move but completely missed, now standing behind the armored slayer. They both stood frozen, but multiple in-game slash marks suddenly appeared all over the salamander's body. He screamed in pain before quickly erupting in flames and becoming a fire orb on the ground.

He turned his helmet to face his next opponent who stood dumbfounded by what just happened. And in a flash, the slayer suddenly disappeared out of sight. The sylph got watched as the lancer's head looked around, only for it to roll back and fall on the ground behind him. The head and body turned into flames and once the smoke evaporated, the slayer revealed himself to be standing behind him.

 The head and body turned into flames and once the smoke evaporated, the slayer revealed himself to be standing behind him

Leafa: How can anyone be so fast?

Her body was trembling with the shock of witnessing a move she'd never experienced before. Only one thing defines a character's movement speed in this world: the speed of the brain when processing the signals sent by the full-dive system. The AmuSphere sent out a pulse; the brain received it, processed it, and then sent feedback in the form of a movement signal. The quicker that response system, the faster a character could move. It was said that only through considerable experience could one eventually move faster than his or her natural reaction speed.