Chapter 27: I Love You [🍋]

(A/N): You've seen the emoji, I don't have to explain, leave if you ain't comfortable. Enjoy

***Warning***
This fanfic includes adult themes. Please stop reading if you are uncomfortable or underaged.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- October 23, 2024 - 55th Floor - Selmberg -

The sun had set and the starry night covered all of Aincrad, including the 55th floor where the duo finished eating their dinner

The sun had set and the starry night covered all of Aincrad, including the 55th floor where the duo finished eating their dinner. The two sat in front of one another as they drank their tea. The swordsman let his brunette hair free as the need to cover his face was unneeded now that the vice commander saw his face. They both stop drinking and look at each other as a gentle smile grew on both of them.

Asuna: How are you feeling?

Ares: ...Better, my strength has returned. Rest will do me well.

Asuna: That's good news... But how are you feeling? About, what happened.

Ares: ...Foolish, because I wasn't able to read his deception sooner... Exhausted, because out of all my battles, that was my closest dance with death... I will be fine...

Asuna: Are you sure?...

Ares ...Yes, I am... I've... I've been going to therapy recently.

Asuna: Really? I never knew there were therapists in SAO.

Ares: There aren't, but Sasha studied psychotherapy. She's my therapist.

Asuna: That's amazing... Do you feel like it's working?

Ares: ...I do. I know my problems will never go away until I deal with them, so... I have to face them. Even if I'm afraid.

Asuna: If you ever want to talk, know that I'll be here to listen. No matter what.

Ares: I know... and thank you. I appreciate that.

The girl smiled as she knew that the shell the boy built around him was starting to break and that he was... wanted to progress on his own. She enjoys seeing the words come out of his mouth and those ruby gems looking back at her with their shine.