Chapter Fourteen

It definitely took some time but I think I was finally getting the hang of dressing confident and not second guessing my outfits.

Especially if the looks and random men walking up to me were of any indication.

The man earlier before I went to the bathroom had come up to me when I walked up to the bar for a refill. He had spent quite some time trying to flaunt his hotshot career and his expensive cars but I could barely offer him a smile as I kept looking at the entree way of the bar every 15 seconds.

Grayson had messaged me saying that he was running late because the DJ for his club tonight had to cancel last minute and he had to find a replacement, but that he'd be here soon.

Thankfully Beck and Wesley had grown irritated with Mr. Hotshot as I simply ignored him. They came over to tell him I was taken by a friend of theirs just as the bartender finished my fruity alcoholic drink. I was use to Beck taking on the role of protective big brother, but the fact that Wesley did too made me smile and want to ruffle his hair. I was sure that in no time he'd feel like a protective big brother to me as well.

I looked at my outfit again in the mirror after reapplying my lipgloss. A dark purple lace bodysuit, a leather mini skirt with a black belt, black 6 inch thick heels, and a loose ripped Jean jacket with my hair in a cute high ponytail with the ends curled.

I couldn't help but wonder if Grayson would like it.

Would he realize I wasn't wearing a bra?

Would these clothes look good on his bedroom floor?

Oops, those thoughts felt uncalled for.

But this outfit wasn't just for him, it was for me as well. Despite it being sexy and revealing, something my outfits usually weren't, I allowed the new found confidence I've been building up to show through my outfits more often. When I first put it on back at the apartment I felt so badass and sexy, it made me so happy that I started dancing in the bathroom.

Embarrassing I know, but it didn't feel like it in that moment.

It felt good, it felt like... finally being comfortable in my skin. Enough to want to show off how amazing I looked, and enough to strut into the bar with a shake in my hips and my head held high.

After fixing my hair and doing one last make up check I left the bathroom and immediately bumped into Mr. Hotshot from before.

"Well look who it is, the girl who couldn't bother to give me the time of day", he smirked as I rolled my eyes.

Here we go again, men thinking women owe them shit for catching their attention or giving them half ass, oversexualized compliments.

"I don't have to give you anything because I don't owe you anything. Instead of whining about me not giving you my undivided attention, go find someone who will... Because I'm a lost cause", I said annoyed.

"Don't be such a bitch. You know it's little sluts like you who make it hard for good men like me. Just because we aren't breeding you to have 5 or 6 kids and telling you to stay in the kitchen, you bitches think you're all tough shit", he growled out angrily before grabbing my wrist harshly.

My survival/ cop trained instincts kicked in and I grabbed his wrist in return and dug my nails into his skin making him yell in pain and anger. But he gave up and let me go and once he did I kneed him in the dick and watched on in anger and confidence. Anger in how the fuck he thought it was okay to touch and talk to me like that, and confidence in myself for standing up to him.

He fell to his knees in agony as he groaned while holding his privates. I almost swore he was crying as well.

"You're a stranger so you may not know this... But I am tough shit asshole", I said as I looked down over him, portraying a look of absolute fury in my eyes before i replaced it with a giddy smile.