Chapter Three

"Okay, you can let it out now", Beck sighed as we all walked into the apartment after work.

The both of them knew I was not happy, I had been quiet the rest of the day as Grayson's words bubbled inside of me.

Was I really that pathetic that they thought trying to pin me with the boss's son was the right move?

"I can't believe you guys had Grayson join the shoot! It's almost like you guys pimped me out to him! What were you guys thinking", I exclaimed as I threw my purse and blazer on the kitchen counter.

I took my shoes off and turned back to both of them with my hands on my hips.

"That pimp comment is definitely an exaggeration. We just saw the way you looked at him and the way he looked at you. It was obvious there was a spark between the two of you", Kyra explained as she took her heels off as well.

"Come on Lee, don't be mad. It's just the way he looked at you... It was like he really saw you as a goddess. Dude looked ready to get on his knees and start praying to you", Beck smirked with a small shrug.

"I'm not some goddess guys. He saw me dolled up with professional make up on right before a photo shoot. I wasn't even that pretty and he wouldn't have acted that way if he had seen me without all that make up on", I sighed as I moved away and plopped myself onto the soft, black, sectional couch in front of the t.v.

Kyra pouted and walked up to me before pinching my arm, making me yelp with a pout.

"You know I hate when you doubt your exterior beauty", she said squinting her eyes.

"Don't change the subject. It's not just you guys either, I'm mad at Grayson as well", I said rubbing my arm.

"Why, because of what he said about your self confidence? Leah you can't be mad at the guy for having a point", Beck shrugged as he leaned his arms down on the back part of the couch.

"And just who's side are you on", I asked him as I folded my arms over my chest.

"Don't act five Leah, there are no sides. I know it hurt to hear it but think about what he said. How can you tell millions of girls and women around the world to go out and have the time of there lives, find love, and be brave and fearless when every weekend you just stay at home and watch rom-coms in your oversized Scooby doo hoodie", Beck said as he sat up to really look at me.

I hated when he did that, his green eyes always made me feel like he was searching my soul.

"Maybe it hurt to hear it from someone you had just met but that doesn't make his words any less true. Maybe Beck or I should've sat you down and been the ones to talk to you but we didn't want to pressure you or make you upset. We know what happened in Seattle sucked but you can't let it control your life. It's been 8 months Leah, eventually you're going to have to let it go and move on with your life", Kyra added.

Move on with your life.
A statement so easily said but very difficult to actually do. I wanted to move on, I wanted to forget, I wanted to change and finally feel like I could be myself. I came here to be free, so why did it feel like I was still wrapped in chains?

"Physically I'm here in Los Angeles but it's like...", I began as I glanced down at my hands in my lap.

"Mentally you're still at that altar after Tara and Jordan admitted to having an affair", Beck finished with an understanding tone.

I simply nodded.

"I've always been the quiet and shy one. I always did as told and never complained. I was the pushover little good girl and it almost landed me in an abusive marriage. I'm tired of being like this. I want to go out and party and have fun. I want to walk around and actually feel confident, I want to go on adventures, I want to make memories and have no regrets. I want to be free. But I don't even know how to start", I confessed.