Chapter Eleven

"Are you sure your parents said it was okay", I asked for what was probably the 10th time as I worked on my hair in my bathroom. God I sounded like a teen, but I just really wanted to make sure we wouldn't be stepping on any toes by going to the 4th of July barbeque his parents were hosting.

"Leah, I've been telling you all week that my mom specifically ordered me to make sure you guys came. Last thing I'm gonna do is go there empty handed. Anyways it's not a family only function like you think it is. My parents always invite friends and coworkers to come along", Grayson explained as he laid on my bed as I finished getting ready.

"I know I know. I'm not sure why I'm so nervous but I am and I can't help it", I sighed as I finished fixing my hair into loose curls and fluffed them up a bit as they laid over my shoulders.

"It's probably because we both know I already told my family that I have plans to make you my wife and have 3 to 5 adorable children", Grayson replied.

"Grayson Alexander Hart, I know you did not-", I began as I quickly walked out of the bathroom, but before I could reach him, Grayson put his hands up in surrender as he chuckled.

"Kidding, little goddess. Though I did tell my parents and my siblings about our connection and our decision to wait until we're ready to be together", he said before I sighed and walked over to my full length mirror and checked my outfit one last time.

Because it was 4th of July I had went with a cute but comfortable outfit. I was wearing an oversized white t-shirt with a faded U.S.A logo and american flag on it, the shirt was tucked into a pair of high-waisted jean shorts with a faded brown belt pulling it all together. I decided on my white air force one shoes and was using a red bandana as a headband. I kept my make up simple since I knew we'd be outside all day, some natural eyeshadow, small winged eyeliner, mascara, light foundation with a little blush and highlight and finished the look with clear lipgloss.

I noticed Grayson came up behind me in the mirror and felt my cheeks warm as they always did when I caught him looking at me in that way he does. His deep, beautiful, blue eyes were looking me up and down as he bit his lip and then his eyes met mine through the mirror. As soon as our eyes met he let go of his lip and instead of giving me one of those charming smirks, gave me a true and honest smile. A smile that meant so much more to me.

I had to admit, he was looking really good today too. Grayson looked good in suits and dress shirts of course but I loved it so much more when he looked relaxed and comfortable. He was wearing a plain white muscle tank that really showed off his defined arms, a red, white, and blue plaid shirt over it with the sleeves rolled up, a pair of khaki cargo shorts, and white converses. He even had an american flag bandana tied around his bicep which I thought was adorable yet hot.

"As beautiful as always little goddess", he smiled to which I smiled back. I grabbed my phone from its charger and checked the time to see it was 12:30, the party began at noon.

We walked out of the room and into the living room where Kyra and Beck were waiting. Kyra was wearing a red cropped shirt and a light blue jean skirt with a pair of checkered vans. Her short black hair was parted down the middle and her make up was simple as well except for the red lipstick. Beck was wearing a black graphic tee with an eagle wearing an american flag bandana and jeans shorts with a pair of classic black vans.

"Dressing comfortable Lee? Were you even gonna try to impress the future in-laws", Beck smirked to which I immediately punched him in the shoulder as I walked by him.

"You pretty much asked for that one", Kyra told him with a laugh before we left. We all got into one of Grayson's other cars, his 2020 Honda CR-V.

Because I was so nervous the drive there seemed way to short. It felt like we had only been in the car for 5 minutes before we were pulling up to a gorgeous, huge 3 story brick house.