Chapter Twelve

"What kind of ex are we talking about here? Was she a fling or almost Mrs. Grayson Hart", Kyra asked in a sort of loud whisper.

"Senior year of highschool sweetheart who cheated on him their freshman year of college. Broke his heart and tried to use him to get to the family money and fame", Kaden explained just as she made it towards us.

"Happy 4th everybody", she smiled cheerily even though she was staring extra hard at Grayson and I. I felt so uncomfortable underneath her heated stare that I went to take a step out of Grayson's arms. But just as I went to do so Grayson held me tighter to him and kissed my hair, something she definitely noticed.

"No offen- actually no, full offense here Olivia. What are you doing here", Aurora asked as she glared at Grayson's ex.

"Well my family is out in Europe for the summer but I had to stay to model for some huge designers over the summer. I was getting a bit lonely and remembered how much fun coming to these barbeques with Grayson was, so I figured I'd come by. Veronica did always say I could come by anytime", Olivia smirked.

"That was before you were running through college guys like a-", August started looking quite angry.

"That's enough August", Veronica interrupted him.

"And that's Mrs. Hart to you Olivia", she finished snapping her eyes to Olivia angrily, making me smile a little.

Olivia frowned for a second before faking a smile once again and looking towards Kyra, Beck, Grayson, and I.

"I see we have some new comers, who exactly are they", she asked.

"Beck and Kyra, we work for Veronica at her Magazine company", Kyra explained with a bit of bite in her voice.

You see I was never one of those people who was easily angered. I prided myself in being in control of my emotions... at least for the most part.

But Kyra, Kyra would fight you just because you looked at her funny. So it was no surprise that she was staring daggers at Olivia while Beck had a hold of her hand. It would almost be sweet and romantic if I didn't know it was to make sure Kyra didn't tackle Olivia to the ground.

"And you", Olivia asked looking down at me with her icy blue eyes.

"I'm Leah, I work for Veronica as well", I said with pride.

"That's funny, Mrs. Hart never needed housemaids before", she said feigning confusion, but I could see the evil smirk she was trying to hide.

No.
This.
Bitch.
Didn't.

"Why you little-", Kyra began as she stepped forward. Beck was quick to pull her back though.

"Actually I work at her magazine company as well. I'm her editor, columnist, and occasionally model for some of the photoshoots", I said with a fake smile.

"That's funny, you definitely don't look like a model, they're usually not as dark... and skinnier", she noted looking me up and down.

You know what I was gonna try and be nice, but fuck that.

"You know what they say, these days men don't want just skin and bones anymore. But if I find one that does I'll be sure to send them your way. And as for looking dark... Well I'm sure you know the saying 'the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.' And if you don't I'm sure Gray would love to fill you in on how sweet that juice is", I smirked.

Her eyes lit up in anger as her jaw dropped.

Yeah, try me bitch.

I felt much better and even more confident when both August and Aurora chuckled. Kaden chuckled but hid it with a cough, and Xavier was trying to hide his laughter behind his wife.