Chapter Eight

Grayson P.O.V

I didn't sleep for shit last night.

How could I when Leah had made it blatantly obvious that she was ignoring me?

I could understand if she had fallen asleep but a part of me knew that answering the call, hanging up, and then not answering anymore of my calls had been on purpose.

But I just couldn't fathom why she'd be pissed at me.

What had I done wrong to my little goddess?

I proceeded to drive to my parents house for the usual family dinner we have every other week as I tried to figure out how I had fucked up. After I parked my car in my parents drive way I checked my phone to see a few notifications, but none from who mattered.

None from her.

Leah Rhodes.

How did she get into my head so easily? Was it the captivating dark skin and eyes? The perfect black hair that I had begun to noticed always smelt kind of like coconut? Was it her dazzling bright smile and pouty lips that had been the object of my sexual thoughts?

Fuck, she had a hold on me.

I wished I could get her out of my head. I wish I could move on just like I had from so many other girls. And it wasn't without trying either.

The other night while working I had grown aggravated with having tons of sexy women all around me and only having my mind on one who wasn't even in the vicinity. I had taken drinks and shots to dull my thoughts that night and if I was being honest I couldn't remember anything that happened afterwards.

You know what I did remember after that night though, how beautiful Leah had looked while reading.

God, I sounded like such a fucking girl.

Suddenly I was knocked from my thoughts when I heard a knock on the passenger side window.

I looked over and couldn't help but smile at the sight of my youngest sibling.

My favorite as well... But I couldn't let anyone know that.

"Well hello there Evie", I chuckled using the nickname I had been using for her since I had first laid eyes on her blonde hair and big blue eyes.

"Hello Graysee", her muffled voice replied with her small fingers sprawled against the window.

I got out of the car and once I had come around to the passenger side Evangeline had already launched herself into my arms.

I caught her and hoisted her to sit her on my hip as I let out a groan.

"You're getting so big Evie, one day you're gonna get too big for me to carry you", I pouted playfully at her as I locked my car and walked us towards the front steps of the house where our mom stood waiting.

"Nope, you're just gonna have to get stronger", Evie smiled with arms wrapped around my neck.

I smiled at my mom and kissed her cheek as I opened the front door for her.

Once inside I had noticed that dad and Kaden were talking in the kitchen doorway, August was writing in his song book on the couch while his twin Aurora sat right next to him on her phone.

"You see how they treat me Evie? No hellos, no hugs, none of them even bothered to look up", I pouted as I placed Evie down with a smirk and a wink.

Aurora was the first to look up and she rolled her eyes as she got up and made her way over.

"Don't be such a drama king Grayson", she smiled as she hugged me.

"Maybe we'd have noticed if you'd had come on time", August chimed in with a smirk.