Chapter Nineteen

My eyesight was starting to blur the longer I stared at the screen of my computer. The words on the screen becoming a jumbled mess of letters that made my brain pulse painfully. Everyone at work was scrambling to finish all their projects so they could put time and effort into preparing for The infamous Hart's Halloween Masquerade Ball.

My fellow floor coworkers were no exception...

And it was really showing in their writing.

Everything they were writing was rushed and had loads of errors in it, and I was minutes away from saying screw it and making everyone rewrite the columns completely over.

My door suddenly opened and I let out an exasperated sigh without even looking at who was there.

"It better be real damn important because if it's not you can sit here and re-edit all 20 of these writing columns", I threatened as I corrected another misspelled word.
If this keeps up everyone's getting Webster Dictionaries for Christmas.

"Have I ever told you how sexy you are when you're pissed, it's amazing really", came the smooth and familiar voice of my boyf- Grayson.

Grayson and I hadn't exactly put a label on what we've been doing since the sleepover and date about two and a half months ago. We kiss, go on dates, and have become unbelievably close. But we hadn't exactly put a label on what we were either. We were beyond the talking stage but weren't quite at the actual relationship stage. It was kind of a weird stage to be in but I wasn't worried about it too much. I was comfortable in the feelings Grayson had for me.

"Then I'm sure I'm probably drop dead gorgeous right now. Sorry for snapping at you Grayson, it's just been a really long day", I sighed as I leaned back in my chair and let my head fall back as my eyes closed. I heard some kind of bag being placed on my desk then felt Grayson's presence behind me. His hands gently massaged my shoulders as he kissed my hair.

His easy going aura, intoxicating cologne, and magic hands working on my shoulders made me feel a little bit better.

"I can tell... you didn't call me by my nickname. I'm sorry that work is stressing you out mia piccola dea, but I came bearing gifts because I know it's been a rough week. Apri quei grandi occhi marroni per me, vero dea", he asked softly against my neck.

*Open those big, brown, beautiful eyes for me, won't you goddess?

I shivered involuntarily at him speaking italian. It was something he was doing around me more often because he says he feels so comfortable around me.

I opened my eyes to see that Grayson had gone by my favorite Italian restaurant. He had gotten me chicken alfredo and a side of caesar salad with a large Pepsi. His order of three cheese tortellini, garlic bread, and a sprite was on my desk as well.

"You came to have lunch with me", I asked with a smile as I looked up at him.

"Of course. I haven't seen you since the weekend and you know I can't go too long without seeing your beautiful face. I start getting angered easily, and it looks like you do too. I thinks it's in both of our best interests that we see each other as often as possible", he chuckled with a wink before gently pulling me up and taking a seat in my chair before pulling me down to sit in his lap.

I pecked his lips softly and let my fingers run through his hair as his arms tightened around me.

I pulled away so that we could eat, but was pulled right back when he maneuvered me to straddle his lap and pulled me into a passionate kiss. The shock wore off quickly and it wasn't long until I was kissing him back just as feverishly. He gave a playful bite to my lip causing me to openly invite his tongue to meet mine. He tasted of peppermint and coffee, a combination that I was starting to love.