Chapter Six

"I'm gonna hug her, then beat her ass, then call her parents and laugh when they beat her ass", I seethed as Grayson and I pushed through crowds of people inside the L.A.X airport.

"You know, you being pissed is a major turn on", Grayson winked.

"Not helping Grayson", I said glaring at him as he put his hands up defensively.

I looked around and after a couple of moments I saw her. Talia and I looked similar even though we were only cousins. We both had dark skin, dark brown eyes, and very pouty lips.

She wore shorts and a tank top with a green flannel over it. Her long black hair was half up in a bun and half laid over her shoulders. And though she probably couldn't tell, a lot of guys in the airport were looking at her.

Talia, a lot like myself, had her hardships growing up. She had been constantly bullied for being tall. But this past year she had made new friends and her graduation was in a couple of weeks. We'd be watching it online since she could only have so many guests there. And though she had been accepted to multiple colleges, she hasn't picked one yet. No matter which she picked though I knew she was going to be great.

"Tali", I called out, getting her attention. She looked up and saw me and automatically her eyes welled up with tears.

"Lee", she called back as she left her bags and ran straight into my arms. I held her tight and let my own tears fall as she cried.

"I missed you so much Lee", she cried into my shoulders. I rubbed her back and sighed in relief that she was okay.

"I missed you more Tali. Let's get your things and take you back to my place. Beck and Kyra are probably already home", I smiled as I pulled away and wiped the tears from her cheeks. We turned to her bags to see Grayson carrying them towards us.

"Who's the hottie", Tali asked smirking with a sniffle.

"I'm Grayson, and thanks", he smiled at her in that charming way that he does.

I could see her eyes widen with hearts practically dancing in her pupils. Couldn't blame her either though, Grayson was a walking sex god.
Since we had stepped foot in the airport every female had been looking at him with dreamy stares. But yet he acted as if he couldn't even see them. I had come to the conclusion either he just never noticed, which would make him just oblivious. Or he knew and just took the looks in stride without a care in the world, which would probably account for his confidence and inflated ego.

"So you've been down here for a whole 6 months and got you an L.A boyfriend", Talia winked.

"Pretty much."

"He's not my boyfriend."

Grayson and I looked at each other after replying at the same time.

What was he thinking? He knows we aren't together, why would he say that? I shot him a look but he straight up ignored it and smirked at Talia.

"It's complicated", he shrugged.

After getting Talia's things in the back seat of Grayson's 2018 Camaro SS and Talia gawking at his car for 10 minutes, Grayson drove us to my place.

"Okay Talia, I love you but it's real talk time. I missed you but why in the hell would you take a plane here by yourself", I asked glancing at her through the rearview mirror.

"Well mom and dad planned a cruise for this week a couple of years ago and planned it during my spring break. But back then I said I'd just stay with Tara. But then that rotten ass bitch-", Talia started to explain.

"Tali... Let's not bring up what she did", I said as I felt anger seep into my veins just thinking about Tara. But Talia understood and nodded as Grayson scrunched his eyebrows confused.