Chapter Five

"You think you gotta keep me iced (You don't)

You think I'm gonna spend your cash (I won't)

Even if you were broke

My love don't cost a thing

Think I wanna drive your Benz (I don't)

If I wanna floss I got my own

Even if you were broke

My love don't cost a thing," I sang loudly as I cleaned off the counters in the kitchen.

I swayed my hips to the beat of the song wearing a pair of low black sweats, a white sports bra and a pair of socks with Donald Duck on them. My hair was also flowing nicely since I had spent most of the morning doing a deep condition, blow drying it, and straightening it. Now I had it just straight down with a black bandana around my head to keep my baby hairs down and my scalp moisturized.

No offense to to either of them but with Beck and Kyra out of the apartment for the day I was finally able to relax and get some chores done.

Room cleaned and organized, check.

Laundry, check.

Bathroom cleaned, check.

Living room dusted, swept, and cleaned, also check.

All of these were a huge accomplishment and I was definitely thinking about treating myself to Carina's Cafe and Collection as a pat on the back.

But for now, I was very content with just cleaning while listening to my R&B playlist on Spotify. With no one around and the music turned up I felt alive in my own little way. I was free to sing and dance around the house and that was a kind of freedom you sometimes take for granted. Jordan use to hate when I listened to music and sang while cleaning. He only loved it when he'd practically order me to sing in front of his colleagues when he hosted a dinner at our place. He made me feel like a little show bunny and I never really sung around him after that.

But this past month I've been feeling so much more happier and energized, and though I hated it I knew it was partlybecause of Grayson.

In the midst of remembering my past with Jordan, singing, shaking my ass and hips to Jennifer Lopez, and wiping off the island counter I must not have heard the door open because next thing I knew an arm went around my waist. In panic mode I had yanked the arm from around me and flipped the intruder onto their back before sitting on their stomach with my forearm against their throat.

Despite being surprised in the moment, I was even more surprised when I noticed I was looking into a pair of familiar blue eyes.

"Grayson", I asked confused as I watched his face as it went from surprised to cocky as a smirk settled onto his face.

"You know my masculinity is a little bruised from this take down... my back probably is too, but it's worth having you on top. I do always love when a woman takes charge", he winked as his hands moved from my thighs to my wrists and next thing I knew he had rolled us over and was now on top of me.

"Because it prompts me to take it right back".

Okay... that was sexy.

Nope, clear your head Lee.

It was proving to be difficult though with his hands holding my wrists to the floor above my head and his warm body between my legs. It was even harder when I thought how easy it would be to just give in and wrap my legs around his waist to pull him closer to me. I could imagine his chest flush against mine and the feel of his body weight on me. I could... but I shouldn't... and I wouldn't.