Chapter One

-Eight Months Later-

I was at the alter of the wedding.

Anything beyond the the first row of the guests was blurry but one thing was crystal clear... I didn't want to be here.

I didn't want to be married, not to Jordan.

I went to step off the alter but couldn't, I looked down and in horror realized that there was a thick chain around my ankle that led to an ankle across from me. I looked up slowly and was met with the menacing glare of Jordan. His brown eyes were black and his whole body seemed tense.

He was no longer as handsome as I had thought he was for the last 3 years. It was as if the ugliness found in his heart was making it's way to his physical appearance. His black closely shaved hair now grew unruly and thick. His brown skin was aging by the second and his fit body was no more, he had gained a sort of beer belly and had grown taller. He was scary and hideous, I was finally looking at him for what he was...

a monster.

"You're not leaving, you're never leaving. Till death do we part... my wife", he smiled in a vile crooked way that showed his yellow teeth and chilled me to my very core.

"No! I don't want this! Let me go, let me go", I yelled as I kneeled down and yanked on the chains to try and free myself. I looked up to find someone, anyone, who could help me but everyone looked on with polite and happy smiles. My parents, my brother Luke, Kyra and Beck, and all of my family. They were pleasantly blind to the trouble and pain that I was in.

They didn't understand that as soon as I was married to Jordan, I was a dead woman.

"You are now husband and wife, you may kiss the bride", the pastor smiled proudly. I didn't even have a second before Jordan grabbed my chin roughly and smashed his lips to mine. It took everything in me not to vomit at the stench that emitted from his mouth.

Jordan than grabbed my wrist and undid our chains to each other before dragging me off the alter and to the two huge wood doors. And this bad feeling loomed over me, I just knew that I was dead once I was out that door. I fought so hard. I dragged my feet, screamed, and tried to pry his fingers from around my wrist. I fought tooth and nail but we were getting closer and closer to the door.

I took one last look around as my family stood and applauded at us and I belted out one last scream of terror as we crossed through the door and they slammed in my face as Jordan's evil laughter got louder and louder.

"Leah! Leah wake up it's just a bad dream!"

I woke up with a jolt and looked around my room which was lit with the morning rays of the sun. It bounced off my royal blue walls and dark wood flooring beautifully in a way that momentarily caught my interest and wonder. I felt a finger brush away my hair from the sweaty skin of my forehead and my eyes zoned in on Beck.

My frantic brown eyes met his calm green ones and finally I began to find myself back in reality.

"There you go, welcome back to earth Leah", he smiled.

"Thanks, you should've seen hell, it was spectacular",I smirked after letting out a yawn.

"Very funny. Get ready, Kyra is down the hall and I'm sure she's got a nice cup of coffee waiting for you", he said as he got off my bed.

"Keep the coffee warm for me, I'll be there in a moment", I said as I got out of bed in Nike shorts that hid under a huge space jam t-shirt.

"May be warm, may be half empty, tune in later to find out", he smirked with a wink before leaving my room and closing the door behind him.