Chapter Fifteen

Not that I would ever tell him, but Grayson was right. A bath was exactly what I needed.

Earlier when I had walked into the guest room I noted how nice and soft the queen sized dark  grey upholstered bed on the right wall looked as I placed my bag next to the nightstand on the left side of the bed. The walls themselves were a light grey and the rest of the furniture in the room was white.

"I wonder what color his room is then", I mumbled softly to myself in thought as I laid down in the huge bathtub filled with hot water and bubbles that smelled of lavender. But not even the comforting hot water and the relaxing smell of the soap bubbles I had poured in could calm my racing mind and quick beating heart.

But it wasn't about what had happened at the bar; no that file would be opened and carefully looked over another day. Now it was about where I was, who I was with, and what could possibly happen when I stepped out this room and saw Grayson again.

I still couldn't believe it, I was in Grayson's house, where he lived.

I lifted my leg out of the water and glanced over my soap covered thigh as I remembered his hand holding it. His hands were rough, but they squeezed so gently. The veins of is hand and forearm were visible because of how muscular they were. That didn't even make sense, how in the hell can a hand and forearm even be muscular?

I had to quit thinking so much, my brain would begin to hurt if I didn't. Tonight wasn't about thinking, it was about feeling. But what exactly did I feel?

I dropped my leg and closed my eyes as I let out a deep breath.

But feeling rather than thinking meant I had to come to terms with what exactly I was feeling. I let my mind wander through the memories of Grayson that crossed my mind. Looking back on it we never really spent too much time together, but each time we did it was special. The beach and being chest to chest amongst the cool blue waves. The book store and how he enjoyed my presence as we sat hand in hand as I read. The club and finally understanding that he wasn't doubting my skills, but encouraging me to use them to become more confident. Then there was the first time we met on the set of that photoshoot and how he kissed my hand with that devilish smirk of his.

Though that smirk of his gave me goosebumps every single time, It wasn't what I found most attractive about him.

It was how sincere his deep blue eyes always looked when they'd stare into my own. It was the wide smile he gave off when he laughed. It was how goofy and adorable he was, always making me laugh no matter what. It was how his body always seemed to find it's way so close to mine and vice versa, as if there was some sort of force pushing us closer together. And yet, maybe there was.

It felt like we were both being pushed towards the edge of a cliff. The air all the way up there was cool and crisp, and even from so far up you could hear the crash of the waves below.

And yet the the idea of falling off the cliff wasn't scary, the idea of not falling together was.

If I was going to be falling, I wanted to do it with him. With the man I had feelings for, the man I liked.

Who knew I'd end up here huh? When I first moved I figured it would be years before I found somebody, if I even found anybody. But it hadn't even been a year since we moved, hell not even since my wedding went to shit. And here I was in Grayson Hart's guest bathroom finally coming to terms with myself that I had developed feelings for said man.

I had feelings for Grayson Hart.

I had to tell him.

I had to tell him now.

I scrambled up from the bathtub thankful that I had taken care of washing and shaving everything before going to the bar earlier. I dried off using a towel that had already been hung up and wrapped it around my body before walking back into the bedroom. I lotioned my body and then pulled out the sleeping clothes I had packed for the night.