Chapter Twenty-Six

"You know, I think I could stay like this forever", Grayson said softly as we danced on the dance floor. An hour or so had passed since we had the birthday cake and the ball still seemed to be in full swing. I had accompanied Grayson as he talked to some of his investors, but when one of them had shown special interest in me and how it was a good PR stunt to date a woman of a minority race, especially one as surprising beautiful as me, Grayson invited me to dance with him instead of crushing the man's throat like I'm sure he was dying to do.

"Because of how romantic it is or because your hand is slowly inching towards my ass", I smirked as I glanced up at him. My heart stuttered for a moment as a swirl of adoration and humor danced in his eyes. A smirk graced his lips as he pulled me tighter to his body as we continued dancing.

"And here I was thinking I was being so discreet about it", he pouted jokingly before he winked and gave my ass one firm and quick squeeze.

"What am I to do with you, Grayson Hart", I giggled as I moved my hand from his shoulder to the nape of his neck and let my fingers leisurely play in the hair there. His hair was beginning to grow out and I had successfully convinced him to continue to grow it out, with promises to run my fingers through it more of course.

"Well I'm hoping you'll fall head over heels in love with me so that when I ask you to marry me you'll get all teary-eyed and say yes in between sniffles . After that we'll have a beautiful wedding and spend a year or two just being happily married before we start our family", he smiled. There was no doubt in his voice, his eyes were unwavering.

He wasn't saying these things like it was merely a hope or a dream. It was as if our future had already been told to him. It wasn't a spoiler to a book or movie, it was a tale of events written in our souls.

"You're always so sure about us, like you know we're meant to be. It's not that I'm unsure of our relationship, but maybe my trepidation of marriage stems from almost marrying the wrong person", I said thoughtfully.

"But if you got so close to marrying the wrong person, imagine how amazing and perfect it will feel when you do it with the right person, with your soulmate", Grayson smiled with a look of understanding. It felt like such a relief now that he knew everything, like another wall I had built around my heart had crumbled down.

"That soulmate being you of course", I smiled playfully.

"Why but of course", he said equally as playfully, but the sincerity was in his eyes. I kissed his lips tenderly as my heart swelled. The certainty he had in us would always give me butterflies.

Suddenly I felt my self being pulled back and looked back quickly to see Kyra and Violet on each side of me with wide smiles.

"You wouldn't mind if we stole your little goddess for awhile, would you? You've been hogging her all night", Violet smiled as Kyra pouted jokingly.

"I suppose it wouldn't matter, you've come to steal her and I know that's exactly what you two will do. You ladies be careful though, just because some of these men are dressed like gentlemen tonight doesn't mean they act like gentlemen", Grayson smiled. Kyra nodded vigorously as Violet gave a mock salute.

I leaned forward and gave Grayson one last kiss before I let go of his arms and let myself be pulled away. I laughed at their antics as we walked towards a group of our fellow Goddess Revolution workers, including Beck and Wesley.

"And here we were thinking he'd never let you leave his side", Zayda smiled while in the arms of her husband, Luke.

"I'm starting to question if the man can even breathe without you near. Kyra said he worships you like an actual goddess but I thought it was just some ongoing joke about the nickname. The media is gonna have a field day with this tomorrow", my coworker Ethan smirked.