Chapter Twenty-Two

"You and Beck are about the same size so these sweat pants should fit, and thankfully I still had one of your hoodies. If you want to shower you can use mine, as long as you don't mind smelling like mangoes", I smiled as I handed Grayson the clothes as we stood in my room.

"Well I'm sure me smelling like fruit is probably some kind of improvement", he chuckled as he took the clothes from my hands.

This would be the first time Grayson stayed the night here, every other time he came over to spend time together it was usually to watch a movie and eat dinner with the others and he'd usually leave after I'd fallen asleep and he had tucked me into my own bed. Which is sweet and romantic of course, but I was as excited as I was nervous that he'd be staying the entire night, especially with us being the only two here.

"I like the woodsy smell you give off", I mumbled with heated cheeks as he walked off towards the bathroom. My eyes widened when he froze suddenly and turned back to me with his blue eyes a noticeably darker shade than they had been earlier.

"I love the fruity smell you give off too. But be careful, a comment like that is gonna have me hoisting you over my shoulder to bring you in the shower with me. I'd hate to clean you up just to get you nice and dirty later", he said lustfully.

"No you wouldn't", I smirked confidently. He chuckled darkly before taking two steps to stand right in front of me and leaned down so our lips were barely touching. His breath fanned over my lips causing me to shiver involuntarily.

"You're right... I wouldn't", he whispered before pecking my lips with his own and leaving into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

It was the sound of the shower turning on that finally jolted me out of my dirty subconscious. I grabbed my black and green plaid cotton pajama shorts and my old high school yearbook shirt from my dresser and set it at the end of the bed. I took my hair out of its half up half down hair style and brushed it thoroughly before throwing it up into a messy bun to keep it out of my face as I removed all my make up and put some face cream on to keep my face moisturized. I then finally took off my clothes and rubbed some cocoa butter lotion into my skin before putting on the pajamas I had pulled out. I was tying the strings to my pajama shorts when the door to my bathroom opened and amongst the steam stood a very shirtless and still dripping Grayson who was still drying his hair with a towel.

I bit my bottom lip as my eyes traversed his body. From his dark brown hair still shiny with water, trailing down to his strong jaw line, glancing over his arms which flexed with his movements, and then settled on his chest and abs, not missing how deliciously low the sweatpants sat on his hips.

"Don't look so starved little goddess, if you want me that bad you barely have to even ask", he smirked as he walked further into the room and placing his dirty clothes next to my dirty clothes hamper and the hoodie I had given him on the back of my make up desk chair.

"I would, but that's not the reason I asked you to stay over. I can't get what happened and what he said out of my head. It's been almost a year since I moved down here and yet seeing someone like that from my past had me literally shaking. As much as I'd like to think I've changed... I was reminded tonight that I am still damaged goods", I sighed as I plopped myself at the end of my bed as I looked down at my fingers.

I could still remember how shaky they were, how I could feel my heart beating against my rib cage. I thought I was doing good, I thought I was leaving my past behind me. Now this coupled with the letters from Jordan had me truly wondering if I had just been playing myself. I kept telling myself that this Los Angeles me was new, improved, and untouched by the past of Seattle. But what if all that was just a façade? What if a year has gone by... and I hadn't changed at all?