Chapter Twenty-Four

The silence was driving me crazy as we sat in my bedroom. It was difficult not to look at Kyra through the mirror as she stood silently behind me as she perfected my hair. I knew she was mad at me but I really wanted to talk with her. She must've wanted to talk too, or else she wouldn't be in my room in the first place. But yet, she hadn't uttered a single word.

She was angry still, it was evident in the frown etched on her lips, but she looked remarkable. Her black hair was completely straight and combed into a neat side part so it wasn't in the way of her pale pink lace and satin masquerade mask secured by an elastic band at the back of her head underneath her hair. Her dress was a beautiful nude pink and grey tulle dress with tied bow straps on her shoulders and decorated with pink flowers and glitter along the bust, waist, and top of the skirt.

 Her dress was a beautiful nude pink and grey tulle dress with tied bow straps on her shoulders and decorated with pink flowers and glitter along the bust, waist, and top of the skirt

She was giving very much fantasy fairy and I knew Beck would have trouble not staring at her throughout the night.

"I can't stand this silence Ky, if you're gonna yell then yell, but please don't give me the silent treatment", I pouted putting the lip gloss I was using down. I looked at her through the mirror as she finished the intricate bun in my hair and framed my bangs curled loosely to frame my face. The small fake flowers placed in the bun stood out against my black hair.

"Well a punishment isn't meant to be pleasant Leah", she sighed finally letting her eyes meet mine through the mirror.

"I'm sorry I put you and Beck in danger but I-"

"You still think I'm mad about that? Leah, I'm not upset about the danger you put us in, I'm pissed about the danger you put yourself in! You've had you're oblivious moments I'll admit, but this one takes the cake. I mean, thinking he would just magically go away as he's sending you creepy ass letters demanding for you to return to Seattle and marry him", Kyra exclaimed.

"Things were just going so well, and right as they were I received that first letter. I should've known just ignoring them wouldn't work, it would never be that easy when it comes to Jordan. I know how I handled it was a dumb bitch move", I sighed in a defeated tone as I looked down at my faded olive green acrylic nails as I fiddled with my fingers.

"It was the dumb bitch move of the century Leah Selene! You better thank the heavens I'm not telling your parents. My silent treatment doesn't have shit on one of your dad's lectures or your mom's 'I'm disappointed' glare. Three and a half months Leah! You didn't tell your best friends or your boyfriend for over three months! I understood you not wanting to tell Grayson about almost getting married and agreed I wouldn't say anything, but geez Lee keep someone in the full circle loop. Grayson truly cares for you, in a way I've only ever seen in movies and read in books, can you imagine the kind of chaos he would've created had Jordan done something to you?"

"Burned the world to ashes", I said with a small smile, though it was far from funny.

"With a smile on his face and a lighter in his hand", Kyra smirked. She turned me around in the chair and immediately pulled me up into a hug.
"I just don't want anything to happen to you. You've come too far to let Jordan drag you back. You've gotten so confident and carefree Lee. You've been so... you. I don't want you to lose that", she whispered her heartfelt words as she squeezed me tight.