Chapter Seventeen

Grayson had pulled up to a very familar Mexican restaurant for us to have dinner at. Garcia's Grill, the same exact place I had that horrible date with Mason.

"Garcia's Grill, why here", I asked as I turned to Grayson who sat in the driver seat.

"Because this place deserves a second chance with you. Just because you have one bad memory with an assshole here, doesn't mean you should never come back. Plus the nachos here... Fucking amazing", he smiled making me laugh.

Grayson opened my door for me and we both walked in and to the front desk where a lady stood.

The lady had long black hair and green eyes. She looked up, took one look at Grayson, and started fixing her hair... and her bra.

Great, here we go.

"Hello, will it be a dinner for one or two", she asked as she bat her eye lashes at him. It was hard not to roll my eyes at her attempt to charm him.

"I'm sure all that mascara caked on your eyelashes makes it hard to see but there is in fact a beautiful woman next to me, so I'm thinking if you can put two and two together in that dense head of yours, you'll realize it's for two. You can go ahead and fix your shirt back the way it was too", Grayson said with a bored tone.

I gasped at his comment and did my best to hold in my laughter as a shocked expression took over the woman's face. She glared at us and pulled her top back up before walking us to a booth.

"You're waiter will be here shortly", she grumbled before walking off.

"That was a bit mean don't you think Gray", I said with a small smile as we settled into the booth.

"No meaner than the plastic surgeon who charged her for those implants. And before you ask, yes I could tell. Being born and raised here in L.A means you just notice things like that", he shrugged.

"And knowing her mascara was clumpy", I asked chuckling.

But as soon as I said it I knew the answer.

"Aurora", we both said simultaneously before laughing.

The waiter came shortly after and took our drink orders. Not without staring at me almost the entire time though, thankfully he got the hint when Grayson glared daggers at him and reached over the table for my hand before softly running his thumb back and forth on the back of hand. The waiter took the hint and left in a hurry. My eyes then traveled up from Grayson's hand to his arm where the rose tattoo was. I glanced at his other arm to look at the phoenix tattoo as well.

Grayson's black button up shirt had its sleeves rolled up, revealing both pieces. Every time I looked at them I was astounded by the detailing.

"I've been meaning to ask about these tattoos", I smile as I look at them. He then let's go of my hand offers both his arms over the table to me so I could get a better look at them. I grab the left one first. My eyes roam over all the details I can take in as my finger tips graze over the skin of his arm. The roses were so beautiful...

"The story behind that one is kinda sad", Grayson notes as he watches my fingers touch the tattoo.

"Tell me... please", I ask looking up at him. He stared at me for a bit, his blue eyes searching my face carefully before he nodded. I continued to graze and stare at the tattoo as he unveiled the story behind it.

"My grandparents on my mom's side were soul mates, completely and utterly in love. They married right after my grandma's 18th birthday. Lucas and Penelope Vincent. I can always remember how in love they were, the way they laughed and smiled at each other, the sweet little kisses I use to call gross. When I think of the definition of love I think of them. They spent 60 amazing years together before Grandma Penelope passed away of heart failure", Grayson said.