Chapter Twenty-One

"Oh yes, I'm sure he does. Too bad he already fucked it up and cheated. I know you're his best friend and all but don't go trying to make a case for him Logan, it won't work", I sighed as I folded my arms over my chest. The movement caused Logan's brown eyes to dart down to my breasts, where they stared way longer than they should've.

"My eyes are up here Logan", I said rolling my eyes. He cleared his throat and moved his eyes back to my face, I could tell he was embarrassed by how red his neck had turned, it was crawling up to his face.

We had walked to the side of the dance floor where we could talk clearly to each other, even though the last thing I wanted to do was talk to him. Looking at him was like looking right into my past and what I escaped from. I didn't want to face that, I moved for a reason, to be away from it and start over. To better myself, not to remind myself of the biggest mistake I almost made.

"My bad. You know... you never dressed like this while you were with Jordan. Maybe if you had he wouldn't ha-"

"Hold the fuck up. I know damn well you're not about to tell me that maybe if I had dressed more provocatively that maybe Jordan wouldn't have cheated on me? Really, blaming the victim for the acts of the cheater Logan", I asked incredulously as my voice raised.

"I'm just saying. He misses you and regrets what he did Leah. He fucked up yeah, but he's a man with needs that you probably weren't meeting. Despite that, he wants you back and is going downhill fast without you. His parents are still pissed with him, his dad even put a pause on giving the company to him. He's given Jordan 2 years to get his act right and get married or else he looks to give it to someone else. He thought about marrying Tara for awhile, but she spends too much money as it is, he'd go broke being with her", Logan said.

"That's what happens when you fuck a gold digger and try to make her into a little girlfriend. But he already had that, he had more than that, he damn near had a wife Logan. He cheated, he fucked up, I moved here, and now I'm living my best life. I will not pay for his mistakes. If he has sent you all the way to L.A just to try to get me to come back, you're going back to Seattle empty handed".

"I may be his best friend, but he didn't send me here on some mission Leah. I just figured I'd let you know what was going on with him. Let you knows he's been really going through it since you left. It was a surprise to all of us when we saw you on The Goddess Revolutions' instagram page. Then we started seeing your face in every issue of the magazine, everyone we know was talking about it. 'Jordan left his mousy girlfriend for a simple Seattle slut, and now that mousy girlfriend is sexy and modeling for a magazine company'. Even I gotta say, I didn't know why he was with you at first but after seeing you in those magazines, I may have whatever Jordan was lacking if you're interested", Logan smirked as he took a step closer to me.

I took a step back but Logan was quick to grab my arm to keep me close still. I looked around for some kind of help but everyone around was so focused on dancing that no one was paying attention.

Is this really gonna have to be the second time I punch someone in Grayson's club? Guess I have no other choice if he continues to get handsy.

"Logan, you've got 0.2 seconds to let me go before I punch the shit out of you, think with your head and not that broken crayola crayon you call a dick. Besides, flirting with your best friend's ex, is that really smart", I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"Why does it matter, like you said Jordan fucked up. Looking at you right now I can definitely agree. I mean damn Leah you look so fucking delicious. Are you really gonna stand here and tell me you don't think I could treat you better than Jordan did? Think about it this way, you can come back with me and it will drive Jordan crazy knowing that I have what he lost. He'll go bat shit crazy with jealousy. Give me a chance and at the very least I could have you moaning till morning", he winked pulling me even closer. I bumped into his chest but immediately pulled away and snatched my hand away from his.