Chapter 37 // Prom

Chapter 37 // Prom

A month later

Tonight’s the night. The night most girls dream about. It’s the night when you can dress up and have a great night with your friends. And it’s the night where you realize that you’re senior year is almost over. Then it’s time for the real world.

“I’m freaking out Vi.” I told her. We were currently getting dressed for tonight.

“Why are you nervous?” She asked while applying her mascara.

“What if Luke doesn’t like the dress? What if something goes wrong? What if-“
“D. Stop freaking out. Everything will be fine. Unless you have telekinesis like Carrie and then you get pig’s blood dropped on you and then you start this whole fire and lock everyone in and kill a bunch of people. Wait do you have telekinesis?” I shook my head no.

“Good then everything will be fine.” Vi smiles and continued to finish her makeup. She was already dressed but needed to finish her makeup and to do her hair. I on the other hand wasn’t dressed and was debating either to wear the office party dress or another dress.

“Dani!” I heard my mom call.

“Yeah?!” I yelled back.

“Come down here please!” I went downstairs to my mom’s room to see what was up.

“Have you found something to wear?”

“Nope.”

“I’ve been waiting forever to pass down my prom dress to you.”
“No offense mom, it’s probably beautiful but is it like a really big puffy dress? Because I’m not all about those.” My mom chuckled. “No it’s not like that.” Walked to her closet and took out a beautiful white long dress. She turned it to show me the front. The front had a v-neck and had silver jewels making a pretty design on the chest area. The bottom f the dress was flowy and simple. My mom turned it back to the back. The back of the dress started mid-back with a transparent fabric covered with the same jewels from the front. I walked closer to the dress to examine it better. The dress’s spaghetti straps were also bejeweled. “I love it mom.”

“Really?” She smiled.

“Yes! It’s gorgeous!” She handed it to me and said, “You should go get ready.” I kissed her on the cheek before I ran upstairs to show Violet.

“Vi look!” She turned around as her jaw dropped. “That dress is beautiful. You wanna trade?” I rolled my eyes and smiled. I changed into the dress and started to do my makeup. I made sure to wear a robe on top so I don’t damage the dress.

Once I finished with my make up, I did my hair. I simply curled my hair into tight curls. Then I brushed through them making them somewhat loose. Vi helped me do a waterfall braid in my hair. After that I was done.

“Michael texted me saying he has something planned after prom. He said to pack a bag with extra clothes and a bathing suit.” Vi told me. I nodded and went to my closet to get a bag. I packed some jean capris, shorts, two shirts, undergarments, and a bathing suit.

“Did he tell you what this plan was?”

“Nope all they told me is that he’ll be picking us up and to pack a bag.” Vi replied. I shrugged my shoulders and continued to pack my bag.

~*~

“Dani! The boys are here!!”

“We have to take group pictures!!” Violet said as we came down the stairs. We followed my mom outside to the front steps and saw the guys there in their tuxedos. All of their jaws dropped when they saw us. “You two look amazing.” Calum complimented.