Chapter 23 // Tutu

Chapter 23 // Tutu

"Last question, what year was Perth founded in?" I looked up from the flashcard to Luke.

"1829." He answered.

"You are so going to pass this test." I smiled, causing him to smile also.

"Thank you Gray, for helping me."

"Let's see if the hard work paid off tomorrow."

"So what now?"

"Tutu shopping!!!" I yelled causing Luke to groan.

~*~

"What is this place?" Luke asked me after we got out of the car.

"It's a thrift store. It's where people donate clothes and other things and then they sell them." I replied, walking towards the store. "There's a whole bunch of thrift stores around here."

"Really?"

"Yeah, come on." I opened the door for him as he went inside. I followed him in and lead him to the children clothing. "And this is where we're going to find a tutu. So start looking." I walked to one of the racks and started looking for a tutu.

I kept glancing over at Luke to see if he's having any trouble. He was so focused on looking through the racks.

"So what did you find?"

"I found a penguin shirt, capris jeans, and a flashing toy." He smiled. "Can we buy it?"

"Luke those clothes will not fit you but we could buy the toy." He frowned at my response but walked over to the cashier to pay for the toy. "$2 please."

"Just $2?"

"Yes sir." The cashier replied. Luke handed the cashier the money and took the bag that held the flashing toy. After paying, we walked to the car to go to the next thrift store.

~*~

"I found one Luke!" I called out. I looked up from the pink tutu and looked for Luke. Since the store's racks were very short, I could look over them and see Luke very easily. "Luke!" I called. He turned around and saw me. I put the tutu up in the air as he smiled. I started walking to the aisle Luke was in but bumped into someone on the way. "Sor-"

"Dani."

"Mason.. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He took a step closer to me. "I work here, Dani honey." I flinched at the nickname. "I'm glad I found you, Dani." I took a step backward but my back hit the clothing rack. "I've missed you Dani, so fucking much. I think about you every single day and I wonder why the hell aren't we back together?"

"Maybe because of what you did to me, Mason." I started to walk away but Mason caught my arm. "Ow Mason that hurts." I tried to yank my arm away but his grip only got tighter. "You remember when we went to the movies with Sammy? He loved to go to the movies with me."

"He hated you, Mason."

"Don't say things like that Daniela." Mason pulled me closer to him. "You remember all the memories we had? So, why the hell aren't we back together, Dani honey?" He let go of my arm and took my hand in his.

"Mason let go."

"Hey babe, who's this?" I turned my head and saw Luke walking over to us. He put his arm around my shoulder.

"Who's this?" Mason asked, letting go of my hand.

"I'm her boyfriend. Who are you?" Luke said.

"Boyfriend?" Mason asked.

"He's an old acquaintance that's all." I told Luke.

"I'm an old friend." Mason corrected. "More like ex-boyfriend."

"You lost that title since I regret ever dating you." I replied.

"Come on babe, let's go pay." Luke took my hand in his and started walking past Mason. On the way past Mason, he bumped into him with his shoulder, making Mason fall back a bit. We continued to walk hand in hand to the register until we had to pay. "$5 please." I handed the cashier the money as Luke got the bag. Once she gave us the receipt, Luke intertwined our hands together until we got into the car.

"Thank you Luke." I finally said once we were out of the store's parking lot.

"No problem." He smiled. "Can I ask you something?" He turned to me when we hit a red light. "Sure."

"Who was that?"

I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding. I would have to tell him sooner or later. "Mason. That was Mason. He was my ex boyfriend but I regret dating him so much."

"Why did you two break up? He seems super attached to you."

"Um, we started going out in like freshman year I think or maybe sophomore. I really liked him but I didn't see anything of what my mom or Sammy said. They hated him. Violet and Ashton kept quiet because they didn't want to hurt me. But then Mason wanted to have sex with me. I told him it's to early. Then he made a deal with me, so of course I agreed because I liked him so much. And then turns out he filmed it and showed parts of it to the whole school. I have never been so embarrassed and I asked him why he did it and he answered some asshole remark. I broke up with him and then at the end of the year he moved away and ever since then I've been really sensitive about liking someone again."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Luke whispered.

"It's not your fault."

"Mason sounds like a bitch."

"He is."

"So he was asking for you to get back with him?"

"Yes."

"He sounds desperate."

"He is." We stayed silent the whole car ride home. Once we got to Luke's house, he asked me if I wanted to stay over. I nodded and followed him inside.

~*~

"Luke! I'm home!" I opened my eyes and stretched. I rubbed my eyes and saw the TV was on. That's not my TV. I looked down at the bed, these weren't my sheets either. I tried to sit up but something was restraining me. I turned my head and saw a sleeping Luke next to me. Crap not again. "Luke?" I heard Melanie say. Luke shifted, pulling me closer to him. I turned so I was facing him. His hair was tangled and all over the place. His face wasn't 'flawless' but that's what made him real. I noticed he hasn't shaved because he was growing stubble. His lip ring was hanging by his mouth, tempting me to just kiss him to feel the cold metal ring against my lips. What am I saying? I heard the steps creak, notifying me that Melanie was coming upstairs. I closed my eyes to pretend I was sleeping. I heard the door open. "Luke?" Melanie's voice got closer. "Oh, gosh. They are so cute." I heard her whisper. I felt a blanket cover me. Then I heard the door shut quietly. Luke groaned softly and moved a bit. I opened my eyes to see his eyes open and blink a couple of times. "Hey Gray." He greeted me with his morning voice. "Hi." I whispered.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Good." I smiled. "How about you?"

"Great." He pulled me in closer to him.

"I should get going, Luke." I whispered.

"No please don't." Luke replied. "I had fun with you today." He smiled.

"I did too."

"Even though Mason was a little bump in the road, we still got the tutu."

"Oh god Mason." I sighed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to remind you about him."

"I just want to get my mind off him."

"I know what can help." Luke smiled.

"And what is th-" I couldn't continue because Luke's lips cut me off.

~*~

I am so evil I swear haha oh and if you're having trouble understanding Dani and Mason, just search up definition of half virgin. lol