Chapter 27 // Midterms

Chapter 27 //  Midterms                   

"So that would mean when the net force on an object is zero, the object is in equilibrium?" Luke asked.

"Yeah! You are so going to ace these tests!" I high fived Luke, causing him to smile. "SO I was wondering since we get out earlier during midterms, do you wanna get lunch?" Luke cocked his head to the side.

"Gray, I don't believe it."

"What?"

"You are asking me to go out with you!"

"I'm not asking you out! I'm asking you to lunch! There's a difference!" I stood up from the couch and crossed my arms.

"Yeah okay. Let's face it, you finally want me." Luke also stood up. I kept taking steps back as he took steps toward until my back hit the wall. "Come on Gray, the first step to recovery is admitting." He winked.

"Oh really?" I scoffed.

"Yeah really." He smirked while he leaned down and gently kissed me.

"Luke! I'm home!!" Melanie called out, causing Luke to pull away and for me to hit my head on the wall. "Hi mom!" Luke yelled back. Melanie walked into the living room. "Lu- Oh hi Dani. How are you?"

"I'm great, thanks. How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you. Will you be staying for dinner?" She asked. "Please, Dani? I'm making pasta tonight." Melanie smiled.

"Mom, I'm sure she has things to do. Right?" He looked towards me.

 "I-I love pasta." I forced a smile, causing Melanie to squeal and Luke to shake his head. When Melanie walked into the kitchen, Luke started whisper yelling at me. "You couldn't just go along with it?"

"Luke! I've had you over for dinner before! More than once may I add! Plus I didn't want to make your mom sad. I really like pasta too." I whispered back. Luke sighs loudly then shrugs. "Okay fine" Before he can walk into the kitchen, I grab his arm. He turns around to face me.

"You still have to answer my question."

"What if I'll go out with you?" He smirked.

"No. The one about lunch."

"Oh, well yeah sure." His answer makes me smile, which causes him to smile.

"Kids, dinner's ready!"

~*~

"Make sure you put your answers on the test. You have all morning for the test, if you don't finish, you can't make it up. Good luck." My history teacher said. I opened the test to the first page and read the question. After answering all of the questions, I realized that everything Luke and I studied for was on the test. Once I finished, I got up to hand it in. "You could go, Daniela." I got my book bag and went to the library. While I was walking up the stairs, someone bumped into me, causing me to almost fall. "I am so sorry." I looked up and saw Michael. "Hey smartie."

"When will you stop calling me that?"

"The day I get a higher grade than you." He chuckled.

"Didn't that happen like in freshman year?" He shrugged. "You finished your test too?" I asked.

"Yeah. Who knew science was easy?"

"I'll talk to you later."

"Wait, can I ask you something?"