Chapter 11 // Vistors

Chapter 11 // Visitors

“Frustrated with me already?” I turned around to be greeted by Luke.

“Maybe.”

“Maybe?” He asked, sitting down on my bed.

“I’m frustrated with you a lot actually.” I admitted.

“I could tell.” He looked down at his fingers. There was an awkward silence between us for a few minutes. “So how did you get up here anyway?” I asked, walking towards the open window. “You see, I use my superpowers to fly up here.”

“Oh really? Do your superpowers include a ladder with them?”

“Crap, you caught me.”

“Superpowers my ass.” I smiled as he smiled back. I sat on my bed as he watched my every move. “So, why are you up here?”

“I need you to come with me to the hospital.”

“Why?”

“My mom made me come and apologize to you after I told her everything that happened.”

“You told her everything?”

“No exactly, few details weren’t included but you get the point. So, I’m sorry for yelling at you and not remembering about Sammy. I’m still sorry about him though.”

“Apology accepted.” He smiled. “Enough with this sappy conversation, let’s go!”

“I’ll meet you outside, so your mom doesn’t ask a whole bunch of questions.” I walked downstairs as Luke climbed out my window. “Mom I’m going with Luke to the hospital.”

“You already forgave him?”

“Sort of.”

“Just be careful, Daniela.”

“I will mom!” I ran out the door, seeing Luke already in his car. I sat in the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt.

“Let’s go see my brother.”

~

“We’re here for Ben Hemmings.” Luke said to the receptionist at the front desk.

“Here are your passes and Ben has been changed to room 5608.” She replied. We took the passes and ran to the elevator. Luke hit the floor 5 button as the doors closed. He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together. He probably did it out of nerves. The elevator dinged, notifying us we were on the 5th floor. We looked for room 5608. Once we found it, we walked in and saw Ben still in bed. Luke walked to the bed, not letting go of my hand. “Ben you have to wake up. Please Ben. The doctors said you waking up is a 30% chance. Please wake up to prove them wrong. Please Ben. You have to wake up.” Luke begged. He was on the verge of crying but he took in a deep breath. “I’m going to go take a walk.”

“I’ll go with you.” I said.

“No you stay here. It’s fine.” Luke said, letting go of my hand. I immediately miss his touch. He walks out of the room, leaving me with an unconscious Ben.

~

It’s been almost hour and Luke hasn’t come back. I was looking down at my phone when I heard a groan. I looked up to find out it came from Ben. Where is Luke when I need him? “Luke?” Ben groaned. His eyes fluttered open as he looked around the room.  “Who are you?”