Chapter 21 // Overslept

I woke up to my phone ringing. I coughed to clear my morning voice.  "Hello?"

"Gray?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"I'm outside."

"Wait what?" I sat up in my bed.

"I'm outside. I'm here for our study date." I already knew he was smirking through the phone.

"Oh shit." I muttered. "I'll be right down." I stood up from my bed and went to the mirror. I took out my ponytail from last night and braided it real fast to the side. I didn't care if I was still in my pajamas. I felt my eyes were super dry. I went into the bathroom to take my contacts out and put them in their case. Since I'm blind, I had to wear my glasses. I ran down the stairs and opened the door. "Hi."

"You should have told me we were having a pajama party." Luke pointed out.

I rolled my eyes at his remark. "We agreed on 1 pm right?"

"Yeah. It's 1 right now." Luke smirked.

"Crap. I overslept." I groaned.

"I could tell." He chuckled a bit.

"Come in." I held the door open for him as he walked inside. After I closed the door, I followed him to the living room. "So I was studying a little bit after you left last night."

"Did you use the flashcards I left you?"

"Yes, and I got 7 out of 20 wrong."

"Good! You're improving." I smiled as he smiled back.

"Alright so, I'm going to go change and we'll start studying." I jogged up the stairs and locked my room's door. I picked out some skinny jeans and a muscle tee. After I was done, I went downstairs. "You look nice."

I mumbled thanks and sat down next to Luke. "Let's start with the 20 questions and then I'll make you a sample test."

"What's a sample test?" Luke asked.

"It's not the real test but it has the same questions on it." I replied. I took the flashcards from the table and started quizzing Luke.

~*~

"6 out of 20. That's pretty good."

"Sample test now?"

"Yes." I ripped a paper from my notebook and quickly scribbled the questions onto the paper. Once I was done, I passed him the paper. "You have terrible handwriting." Luke chuckled.

"Yes I know, just take the damn test."

~*~

"Let me grade it."

"You look like a teacher with those glasses."

"Wow thanks." I took my glasses off but Luke put his hand on mine.

"It wasn't supposed to be a rude comment, I think you look pretty.. Good." He smiled. He took my glasses and put them on himself. "Damn you're blind." I giggled at him. He looked up at me and started posing with my glasses. "How do I look?"

"Like a teacher."

"A hot teacher?" He smirked.

"No, a lame math teacher." I smiled. He stuck out his tongue at me like 5 year old. I also stuck my tongue out. I looked down at his paper and graded it. I circled the final grade and passed him the paper. "18 out of 20? Gray! Is this real?!"

"Yes!" He stuck his hand up in the air for a high five. I highfived him as he smiled at me. "Can we take a break?"

"You earned it." I replied.