Chapter 19 // Tutor

Chapter 19 // Tutor

Ah Valentine’s Day. The greatest holiday known to human. (Note the sarcasm) I personally hate Valentine’s Day. I mean I know couples need a day to celebrate their relationship and be all lovey dovey, but I mean that’s why the have every other day of the damn year including their anniversary. (If the boyfriend remembers am I right ladies?) Well, anyway I’ve always hated Valentine’s Day. I hate seeing couples be gross. Ashton and Violet are one of those couples that make everyday of the year valentine’s day. It’s disgusting. Anyway, my school makes holidays a big deal. They make sure every hallway is decorated and make students get in the sprit of the holiday. For example, in December, the hallways are filled with Christmas stockings on students’ lockers. Before the break begins, the stockings get filled with candy and such. For Valentine’s Day it’s a bit different. The hallways are all filled with red, pink and maybe purple decorations. Paper cut out of hearts were plastered on the walls, lockers, and doors. There’s also a fundraiser. You buy a rose and you or a member of the student council delivers it to the person you want to send it too. Last year Ashton bought a huge bouquet of violet (yes violet) roses. He told Violet that he hand painted them just for her. But let’s be real, Ashton paid some kid from the art club $15 to paint them for him. As I walked the halls I wanted to throw up at the sight of the decorations for this year. It was Thursday and Valentine’s day was tomorrow. That means I would probably spend my Friday night watching sappy romantic movies. Sammy would probably accompany me to make fun of the couples on the screen. I walked into to homeroom ignoring the looks from Michael, Calum and Luke. When I reached my desk, Violet immediately started talking. “Look at what Ashton sent me! A violet rose!” Violet smiled widely.

“It looks like purple.”

“It’s violet!!”

“Anyway, what happened to the big bouquet he usually gets you?”

“He said he has way more to give me! I hope it’s a teddy bear!” Violet squealed.

“Didn’t he already give you a teddy bear like 2 years ago?”

“Yeah..” She sighed. The bell rang as our homeroom teacher took attendance. Once she was finished, the bell rang indicating  that students can go to 1st period. I got up from my desk, ignoring Violet going on and on about her date with Ashton tomorrow night. I continued to walk until someone grabbed my arm. I turned around and saw Michael, Calum, and Luke. “What’s up smartie?”

“Can you please stop calling me that?” I clenched my jaw.

“Woah someone’s in a bad mood.” Michael raised his hands in surrender.

“Leave me alone Gordon.” I scoffed, turning back around. Before I could go anywhere the same hand turned me back around.

“We have to ask you something.” Calum said.

“What is it?” I crossed my arms in front of my chest. Michael looked down at my chest, licking his lips. Calum elbowed him in the side. “Ow!”

“What do you have to ask me? I have to go to history.”

“What are you doing tomorrow?” Calum asked since Michael was still ‘injured’.

“Why?” I raised my eyebrows. Was he going to ask me out?

“Just wondering.” I looked to Michael and then Luke. Luke was looking down at his feet avoiding eye contact with me while Michael was hunched over grabbing his side. “Wondering?”

“Wondering.” Calum smiled.

“Well, I’m going on a date.” I lied, causing Luke and Michael to look up at me. “What?” All three of them said in unison.