Chapter 20 // Valentine's Day Studying

Chapter 20 // Valentine’s Day Studying

After my whole encounter with Mr. Bush about tutoring Luke, I was so not looking forward to this weekend. Mr. Bush told me I would have to meet up with Luke everyday until the test. “Gray!” I turned around and saw Luke walking towards me. “I have a plan.”

“A plan for what?”

“For studying.”

“Alright, shoot.” I leaned against my locker as I waited for him to explain.

“We both have plans tonight and I really don’t want to bail on Johanna and hopefully you don’t want to bail on whoever you have a date with.”

“Your point is?”

“We tell Mr. Bush that you did tutor me when you didn’t and I’ll just study twice as harder.” Luke smiled at me.

“Luke we both know that’s not going to happen.”

“Why? It could work. Trust me!”

“Hey baby.” We both turned our heads to Johanna standing next to us.

“Hey Johanna.” Luke replied and pulled Johanna closer to him. Luke and I made awkward eye contact for a split second before he started making out with Johanna. I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker door hard. Johanna and Luke pulled away from each other. Luke sent me death glares as Johanna fixed her see-through blouse and her way too short skirt. “Anyway, I came here to tell you that Mr. Bush told me that you had to study for the history test on Tuesday. Lukey I think it’s so sexy that you’re putting your education before anything else. But I’m mad that you’re missing our date.” Johanna groaned. Ew sexy?

“I’m sorry baby, I’ll make it up to you.” Luke replied making Johanna giggle.

“Alright Lukey. I’ll see you soon.” Johanna’s lips attached Luke’s lips again. They started making out again. I opened my locker and slammed it once again, making them pull away. I fake smiled at Johanna as she glared at me. Johanna walked away. “Bye Johanna!!” I yelled obnoxiously. “I like her. She’s very… promiscuous.” I sarcastically told Luke. Luke rolled his eyes. “Forget my plan then. My house or your house?”

“Which ever makes you comfortable.”

“My house at 6.”

“I’ll be there at 5:59 sir.” I said, saluting him as if we were in the army. He scoffed and walked away. I tossed my book bag over my shoulder and started walking to the parking lot.

“Dani!!” Violet called out. I walked towards her car. “What’s up?”

“Guess where Ashton is taking me tonight!” She said after getting into the car.

“The roller skating rink?”

“How did you know?!” Violet exclaimed.

“He asked me like last week. It was between roller skating and mini golf. I said roller skating so he could see you bust ass.” I smiled.

“Dani! That’s not cool!” Violet slapped my arm without taking her eyes off the road. “I hate you!”

“No you don’t. You love me. You hate mini golf.”

“That’s true. I can’t hate you.”

“See?” I made my point.

“So what are you doing tonight? Ashton told me you told the guys that you had a date.”