Chapter 35 // Nominees

Chapter 35 //  Nominees

2 weeks later

“Daniela? Are you ready?” I looked up from my desk to Mr. Villa. I nodded as I picked up my portfolio and walked to the front of the room. I stuck the pictures onto the wall. Then, I faced my classmates and opened my portfolio. “The topic I got was ‘Nature’.” I pointed to the first picture of Luke to present it. “The story behind this is a teen growing up. Metaphorically speaking, the flower is the teen. As you can tell throughout the pictures, the teen wants to leave where it’s located and bloom somewhere else. Even though that means leaving friends and family behind, he still wants to leave because he knows it will be good for him.” I move across the wall and point to the last one. “And here is where he finally reaches where he wants to be. The place that is good for him.” My class applauded so did Mr. Villa. “Now that’s photography. Great job Daniela.” After I took my pictures off the wall and handed them to Mr. Villa, I sat back in my seat. I took out my phone while someone else was presenting.

To: Luke <3

I presented my project to the class..

From: Luke <3

How’d ya do? (:

To: Luke <3

They loved it! (:

From: Luke <3

That’s great! Let’s get dinner to celebrate!

Just then the bell rang. I got my bag and went to gym.

~*~

After gym, I met up with Luke in the parking lot. “Dani!!” I turned around and saw Violet running towards me. “Hey Vi.” I smiled.

“Dude I haven’t seen you in forever! You disappeared for like a month!”

“Yeah sorry about that.”

“Luke took you away from us..” Vi frowned.

“I’m sorry! Here let me make it up to you and the guys. How about movie night at my house this weekend?”

“Really?!” Vi exclaimed. I nodded. “Yay!! I can’t wait!”

“Can’t wait for what?” We heard Luke say.

“Dani is having a movie night for all of us this weekend!” Vi told him.  He smiled at her then at me. “That’s great! Can’t wait!”

“I’ll give you the details later, Vi.” I hugged her goodbye then got in Luke’s car.

“So where do you want to go for dinner?” Luke asked me as we backed out of the school’s parking lot.

“We’re going to dinner right now?”

“No, later but, I want to make reservations.” Luke chuckled.

“Surprise me.” I smiled at him.
“I have an idea then.” The rest of the car ride was silent besides the music coming from the radio. A couple of minutes later, Luke pulled up in front of my house. “I’ll pick you up at 6. Wear something nice.” He said. I nodded then opened the passenger door.  Before I got out I quickly pecked Luke’s lips. “See you later. Love you.” I whispered.

“I love you too.” Luke smiled.

~*~

“Dani!! Luke is here!” I heard my mom call out.