Chapter 8 // Outside Meetings

From: Hemmings

Come outside

I got up from my bed and walked to my window. Luke was standing in front of my house, looking at his phone. I looked down at my PJs. I was wearing sweatpants and a tank top. I grabbed a sweatshirt from my closet and walked downstairs. As I opened the door, the cold night air greeted me, making me shiver. I closed the door quietly, making sure not to wake up anyone up. My mom is at work taking the night shift as usual. I walked towards Luke who was also in his PJs. He was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

“If I knew it was this cold, I would of brought a sweater.” Luke chuckled. His sleepy voice was so noticeable. I nodded, not knowing what to say. “So.. Hi.” He whispered.

“Hi.” I whispered back. “So we’re outside why?”

“I wanted to talk to you. Without distractions this time.” Luke said. I nodded for him to continue. “So, as I was saying. I think we should hang out.”

“Is this a trick to make me babysit with you?”

“No.” He chuckled. “I meant like alone. You and me. No one else.”

“Isn’t that a date?”

“If you want it to be Gray.” He smirked. “Just me a chance.” He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers just like he did a couple of hours ago. “Please.” He whispered. He kissed my hand softly. “I don-“ He pulled me closer to him, leaving no space between us. He started to lean in as I found myself leaning in also. Before our lips can meet, someone’s coughing interrupted us. I turned my head and saw my mom standing in the driveway. I felt Luke let go of my hand. “Hey mom. Whatcha doing home?”

“I live here. Hi Luke.” She waved to the blonde kid behind me.

“Hi Ms. Gray.” He replied. “Lovely evening isn’t it?” He said. I had to put a hand over my mouth to cover my laugh. My mom eyed us suspiciously. “Daniela by the time I put my bags down in my room and change out of my work clothes. I expect you to be inside.” My mom smirked at me then walked inside. I can’t believe she just let me be with Luke. She gave me about 5 minutes with Luke.

“Your mom is pretty cool.” Luke let out a small laugh.

“I guess.” I smiled, turning back to Luke.

“So what’s your answer?”

“To go on a date with you?”

“If you want to call it that.”

“My answer is..”

“Is?”

“Sure. Why not?” I smiled up at Luke. My answer caused him to smile. “I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 2.”

“Okay.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He kissed my forehead then gave me hug. His shirt smelled like the good cologne. We both pulled away slowly. I saw his eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips. Our faces were an inch away from each other. “Daniela!” My mom called. I rolled my eyes. “I’m coming mom.” I replied. I whispered a bye to Luke then walked towards my house.

“So what was that about?”

“He was asking me on a date.” I said, unable to control the smile that crept onto my face.

“Aw really?” My mom replied. I nodded. “Okay, alright. Well since you were out late, and you left your friends upstairs, I have to ground you.”