Chapter 28 // Lazy Day

I hear a grunt and feel like something fell on the floor. I slowly open my eyes to see what has fallen. I sit up in my bed and see Luke on the floor. “Luke what the hell are you doing in here?”

“I wanted to come by and say hi..” He smiled sheeply.

“Well it’s,” I look at my clock for the time, “12 in the- afternoon?! It’s already 12?”

“Uh yeah?”

“What’s today?”

“Friday.”

“Oh right we were supposed to hang out.”

“Well we could hang out now!” Luke stood up from the floor and then went to lay on my bed with me. “I bought things we could do.”

“Like what?” I asked.

“I bought movies, we could order pizza, we could-“

“Can we go outside?”

“It’s raining, so I thought we could just stay inside.”

“Oh okay…” I replied. “What movies did you bring?”

“I brought some of everything. I brought some newbies, like Beautiful Creatures and the new Step Up Movie, oldies like Breakfast at Tiffany’s and West Side Story, and some other movies.”

“Let’s go from the oldies.” I told Luke.

~*~

After I changed to some sweatpants, Luke and I went downstairs to the living room. We just finished West Side Story and now towards the ending of Breakfast at Tiffany’s. “I’m gonna make some popcorn.” Luke whispered.

“You’re going to miss the movie!” I told him.

“I already watched this movie.” He replied. I paused the movie and turned to look at him in the kitchen. “You watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s?”

“Yeah..” He muttered, while walking back to the living room. I bit my lip at his response. I turned back to the TV and unpaused the movie. At this point of the movie, Holly (Audrey) was trying on the ring Paul got her. She then exited the cab and ran to Paul who was down the block looking for her cat, Cat. They make sort of awkward eye contact and then Holly goes through the alleyway to look for Cat. Then she hears Cat meow in a box, then she starts crying happy tears and then kisses Paul. Spoiler alert. I smile at the ending as the credits roll through the screen. “Did you like it?” Luke asks.

“A little confusing but it was good.” I smiled.

“What movie now?”

“Let’s order the pizza first.” I replied.

~*~

“It’s the pizza, Gray.” Luke told me from the kitchen. I got up to get the pizza. I opened the door. “Hi.” I greeted the pizza delivery guy. He looked around my age maybe a year older. “Hi, medium pizza, half pineapple half cheese right?” He asked.

“Yes.” I smiled, earning a smile back form him. “It will be $8.20” I handed him a ten-dollar bill. “Keep the change.”

“Thanks.” He handed me my pizza. “You’re Daniela right?”