Chapter 31 // Date Night

Luke’s POV

A month later

“What are you doing after school?” Calum asked me.

“Dani and I have plans.” I replied, as I got my book bag. We made our way to lunch and I noticed Dani sitting at her usual table. We went on the lunch line to get our food when Michael came up to us. “Hey guys.”

“Hey Mike.” We both said in unison.

“What are you guys doing after school?”

“Luke has plans with Dani.” Calum said.

“Oooh, what are you guys going to do?” Michael asked, nudging my arm. 

“I have a surprise for her.”

“What’s that surprise?” Calum asked.

“Well if I tell you it won’t be a surprise.” I smiled.  After getting our lunch, we made our way to Dani’s lunch table. Dani noticed me and told Violet and Ashton to make room. I sat next to Dani while Michael sat next to Ashton and Calum sat next to me. “Hey.” I whispered.
“Hey” Dani replied.

We sat in silence, watching Violet and the boys talk to each other. I looked down and slowly intertwined my fingers with Dani’s. When our hands made contact, she jumped up and looked at me. I smiled sheeply, causing her to giggle. We both turned back to eating and listening to the others talk.

We finished eating and the bell was about to ring. “Do you want me to walk you to your class?” I asked Dani.

“You don’t have too. I don’t want to make you late.”

“You won’t make me late. Plus I want to.” This caused her to smile and blush a little bit. The bell rang, causing everyone to get up. I took her hand in mine as we walked to our lockers. We walked to the 2nd floor, and on the way a bunch of people were staring at us. “Why is everyone looking at us?” Dani whispered.

“They’re too jealous.” I chuckled. When we arrived to Dani’s class, it only gave me 2 minutes to get to my class. Which was on the 4th floor. Dani was about to walk away but I turned her around and gave her a peck on the lips. “Bye Dani.” I smiled, then running through the hallway, trying to dodge people. “Bye Luke!” She called out.

I flew up the staircases, finally reaching the 4th floor. The bell rang; causing me to run even faster down the hall, almost bumping into a teacher may I add, trying to get to my class. I almost pasted my room. I halted to a stop then walked into the class. “Luke you’re late.” My teacher, Mrs. Mroz said. I mumbled an ‘I know’ which she didn’t hear.

~*~

The day finally ended, meaning I could go see Dani again. I went to my locket got my stuff and went to her locker. When I saw her, I crept up behind her and hugged her. “Hi Luke.” She said.

“Hi Dani.” I sang.

“Luke get off, people are staring.”

“So let them stare.” I replied. She tried to get me off herself, but she gave up.

“Please Luke.” Dani whined. “You can continue this later.”

“What, when we aren’t in public?” I asked, not meaning for it to come out rude.

“Yeah.” She whispered. I pulled away causing her to turn around to face me. “I didn’t mean it like that Luke.”

“Then what did you mean Dani?”