Chapter 32 // Finally

Luke's POV
"Okay maybe yesterday didn't go as planned but all that matters, is that Dani had a good time." I told Violet. She agreed to meet with me in the park to help out with my plan. "So, you're her best friend. What's her 'dream date'?"
Violet thought for a moment before answering my question. "You took her already to the Shore Carnival, which is her favorite place to go. Dani is like any girl, deep down she's a maniac for old romantic things."
"I don't want to watch old movies at her place. We do that all the time. I want it to be special."
"You're awfully putting a lot of thought into this."
"Well like I said. I want it to be special for her and me."
"Well I know her story about her relationship, but I haven't heard yours. Let's hear it."
"What did you first think of me when you saw me at school?" I asked her.
"What do you mean?"
"Did I have this badass look? Did I look like I was a ladies man?"
"Yeah I guess. I thought you were like a player."
"But I'm not. I was in a dark place before I got to this school. Moving back here was the best decision for me. Before my dark days, I was the guy I am now. Happy. One thing a lot of people don't know about me is that I cherish all my relationships."
"You cherished Johanna?"
"Besides that. She was an exclusion since I really didn't want to be in that relationship. But anyway, I want Dani to feel special. I want her to not feel afraid of relationships anymore."
"I have an idea."
~*~
To: Dani (: Gray
Don't make any plans for tonight. xx
From: Dani (: Gray
I need a time (;
To: Dani (: Gray
Where something fancy. I'll pick you up at 7 x
~*~
Dani's POV
"Mom! I'm going out at 7!"
"Me too!" I stopped once I heard her say that. "Where are you going?" I yelled back.
"I'm going to get coffee with Melanie." I nodded, continuing to look for the perfect outfit for tonight. I decided to wear my black dress, which had lace sleeves that went up to my forearm and an open back. After brushing my hair, I did my makeup. Once I finished, I heard Luke's car honk. I grabbed my clutch bag and slipped on my low wedges. I jogged down the stairs and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek. "Have a good time." I told her. I grabbed my keys off the table and walked out the door.
I opened the passenger door and hopped inside. "Hey." I greeted him.
"Hey you look... wow.."
"Thanks, now can you tell me where we're going?" I smiled.
"Did you eat dinner yet?"
"Not yet why?"
"We're going out to dinner."
~*~
Turns out we were going out to eat at a fancy restaurant. We got out of the car as soon as Luke parked. "I've never been here before." I told him, honestly.
"Well there's a first time for everything." He smiled. When we got inside the hostess asked us if we made a reservation. "Hemmings." Luke told her. She looked onto her clipboard and smiled back up at us. "Mr. Hemmings, Mrs. Hemmings come follow me." She took two menus then started walking towards the back of the restaurant. While we were walking, I leaned over to Luke and whispered, "Mr. and Mrs. Hemmings?"
"Don't question it." He chuckled a little. We got a table that was right in the corner, surrounded by the two huge windows giving us a great view of the city. I went to go sit but Luke quickly raced over to my seat, to pull my seat out. Once he did, I sat down then he pushed my seat in. Chivalry is definitely not dead. I smiled as he sat himself down. The hostess passed us the menus and told us someone will come to attend us. I opened the menu and scanned through the lists of dishes. Most of them had weird names that were like in a different language. "Did you find anything interesting?" Luke asked me.
"Not yet."
"Bonjour, I will be your waiter for today. May I interest you in some red wine?" I looked towards Luke, as he nodded up to the waiter. The waiter opened the bottle of wine and poured into two glasses for us. After he was done, he said, "I'll be back to get your order."
"Did you find anything?"
"Yes. How about you?"
"Well I found this dish called 'Croque Madame Bistro Bordeaux'" Luke replied in perfect French.
"Woah when did you learn French?"
"In my other school." He smiled. A little while later the waiter came back to take our orders. "I'll have the Croque Madame Bistro Bordeaux." Luke told him. He nodded then looked towards me. "I'll have the-the, Sim-Sam-S" I gave up and pointed to the meal on the menu.
"Oh, the Saumon Ecossais Roti. Very good choice. They'll be out in a bit." He then took our menus and left.
"I love it when you try to speak French." Luke chuckled. "Or at least try to."
"What other languages can you speak?"
"English." He chuckled at his own joke. I cracked a smile and shook my head.
"I'm serious."
"I'm serious too. How about you?"
"I can't speak anything besides English."
"We're learning so much about each other." He smiled, taking a sip his wine. "Oh crap." He raised his glass towards me, "Cheers." I did the same as our glasses clinked together. "Cheers."
~*~
"That was delicious!" I said as we walked to the car.
"I knew you'd like it." Luke smiled. I stopped causing Luke to stop to. "I don't want to go home yet."
"You wanna take a walk?" I nodded, following Luke down the sidewalk, away from the car. We crossed the street to a small park. We walked the park's stone walkway in silence. After walking the whole park, we went back to the car. "That was relaxing." Luke smiled at me.
"Sometimes when things get weird for me, I take a walk. Walks help me clear my mind."
"So you're saying this is weird?" Luke chuckled.
"No it's not that. I mean I wanted to show you something about me like you did."
"Example?"
"The cigarettes."
"The cigarettes were never truly 'me'."
"What do you mean?"
"I changed from the day you met me Dani. The walls I built before have now broke down. I'm my old self again." I took his hand in mine and brought it up to my lips. I kissed it gently like he does with mine. He smiled lazily as we continued to walk to the car.
Once in the car, we drove back to my house. The car ride was quiet until Luke cleared his throat. I was waiting to give you something for Christmas but I completely forgot about it until now.."
"After 4 months?"
"Sorry." He smiled without taking his eyes off the road. When he hit a red light, he reached to the backseat. In his hands was a wrapped gift. He handed it to me. "What is it?"
"Open it." He smiled as he continued to drive. I ripped the paper revealing a silver book. It had the words 'Brilliant Thoughts" carved on the front cover. As I opened the cover, I read the front page. "The Writer Journal "Writing, like life itself, is a voyage of discovery." -Henry Miller"
I turned to the first page and saw a handwritten note.
"Dear Gray,
I hope you write everything your heart/mind desires in here. Hopefully you take this journal to college and remember of me. I hope this journal helps you start your writing career. I also hope you take that voyage of discovery and write of many things.
Love, Hemmings."
The car stopped as I turned to Luke. I smiled at him, as he smiled back. "I don't know what to say."
"You can thank me?"
"Thank you, thank you thank you." I said, chuckling. I leaned over to hug him. We pulled away then cleaned up the paper. After we went inside where we saw my mom and Melanie sitting at the dining table. "Hey mom, hey Melanie. I thought you guys were getting coffee?"
"Luke told us to come back around 9." My mom replied. I turned to Luke as he bit his lip. He ran his hair through his hair. "I told them to come here at 9 when we would come back because I wanted to ask your mom something." Luke said, "Mrs. Gray, I would like to ask you if it's okay if I ask your daughter to be my girlfriend." Melanie squealed a little in her seat. "It's totally okay Luke." My mom replied. I turned to Luke and prepared myself.
"I want you to feel special. I want you to not feel afraid anymore."
"Sounds a little rehearsed." I whispered, keeping eye contact with me.
"Hey practice makes perfect." He whispered back. Luke cleared his throat and said, "Daniela Gray, would you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes." I answered, hugging him causing Melanie and my mom to cheer. Then they started to talk amongst themselves. We slowly pulled away, still making eye contact.
"I'm not scared anymore."
"Good."
"I love you." I told him.
He smiled. "I love you more."
~*~

OH MY GOODNESS WOAH TOO MUCH TO HANDLE AMIRITE LADIES?! #DUKE / #LANI IF YOU COULD COME UP WITH BETTER SHIP NAME COMMENT.
YAY THEY'RE OFFICIAL! WOOOO PARTY
Sorry it took me a long time to write this. I was busy and I wanted it to be perfect. (: I also had to post this on my phone bc wattpad on my laptop was being weird..
Comment, vote, and thanks for reading!!