Chapter 24 // Test

Chapter 24 // Test

I stayed still for a moment, trying to think of what is happening. Luke Hemmings is kissing me right now. Luke Hemmings also has a girlfriend. Johanna Wren. "Luke." I tried to pull away but Luke continued to kiss me. "Luke. Stop." I pushed him away and sat up in bed. "Gray, what's wrong?"

"This is wrong Luke."

"I thought you wanted this." Luke whispered.

"Luke, you have a girlfriend."

"Crap." Luke muttered, running a hand through his hair.

"I should go." I whispered, as I stood up from the bed. I slipped on my shoes and got my sweater.

"Gray, please don't go." Luke said from the bed.

"Luke this," I motioned to him and back to me, "isn't right." He got up from the bed and walked towards me. "I want it to be right." He whispered. I was going to say something but the door opened with Johanna walking into Luke's room. "What the hell is going on here?" She yelled.

"Johanna." Luke exclaimed.

"Luke, what the hell is she doing here?" She said.

"She's helping me study, Jo-"

"Study?! Study what?! How your dick goes into her?!"

"What?! We weren't having sex! I'm his tutor!" I yelled back at her.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch. You should just leave. You don't belong here."

"Johanna!" Luke yelled.

"Luke, stop. She's right. I don't belong here." I walked out of Luke's room, closing the door behind me. I ran down the stairs, only to meet Melanie at the bottom of the stairs. "I'm sorry. I tried to stop her." Melanie said while I ran out the door. I walked across the street to my house, and looking back making sure Luke wasn't following me. When I got inside, I closed my eyes and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"What's wrong?" I opened my eyes to see Sammy at the end of the hall.

"Nothing." I replied flatly.

"Did you get in another fight with Luke?" Sammy asked. When I didn't answer, he looked down to the floor. "Sam-"

"Why do you always fight with him!? You always screw it up! I actually like him better than all your other boyfriends. He's the closet thing I have to look up to." Sammy yelled. He started crying. I walked towards him and lowered to his size. When I was on my knees, he hugged me and sobbed into my shoulder. Once Sammy calmed down, I said, "Sam, I'm sorry I screwed it up with Luke. I want to explain to you what happened but-"

"But what?" He sniffled, cutting me off. "Please tell me."

"Alright, sit down."

~*~

After an hour of explaining what happened today with Mason and Luke, Sammy understood. "I'm sorry I blamed you for screwing it up." Sammy said.

"I sort of did screw it up." I shrugged, taking a bite of my sandwich, we made earlier.

"Do you think he would apologize?"

"For what?"

"For what happened today with his girlfriend."

"Maybe."

"If he does, please tell him apology accepted."

"Why?"
"So he won't do it again. If you say 'it's okay', then Luke will think it's 'okay' to do it again. And plus I don't want you to screw it up again."