Chapter 40 // The End

4 months later

"I guess this is goodbye." I told Violet.

"Only a see you later." She smiled. "We'll eventually see each other again. Like I said, you can't get rid of me that easily." I chuckled a little bit. Then I realized tears started forming in my eyes also in VI. "I'm going to miss you." I pulled her into a hug. She hugged me tighter. "I'll miss you more though." She sniffled. We pulled back after we calmed down. We both laughed at each other. "Your mascara is running." I told her, trying to help her clean it. "And I thought it was waterproof." She scoffed. My mom came down the stairs saying, "You girls are already crying?" We both nodded. "I advise you not to wear mascara, Katherine." Vi told her. "Thank god I'm not." She smiled towards me. "Well, please make sure you call me sometime during the week. And make sure you come here for the holidays and any free time you have. Don't do drugs, don't drink, don't go out to late parties, don't-"

"Mom I know! I won't do anything fun." I smiled.

"I'm just going to miss you sweetie. I'll miss seeing you everyday."

"I'll miss you too mom." Sammy then ran down the stairs. "There's my favorite brother."

"Your only brother." He said, attacking me in a hug. I hugged him back tightly. "Don't give mom a hard time okay? And if you ever need anything, I'm just a text or a phone call away." I told him. He nodded and sniffled. "Aw Sammy, don't cry."

"I'm not.. Its just allergies."

"You're not allergic to anything besides peanuts." I pulled away from him to see his teary eyes. He groaned. "Fine you caught me. I'm crying."

"I'll miss you Sam."

"I'll miss you driving me places." I scoffed. "Just kidding. I'll actually miss you." I hugged him again and pulled away. They all walked me to my car. (Yes my own car.) I slowly pulled back and drove away, but not before waving bye to them.

Ever since graduating high school, my life has been very busy lately. I had to finish paperwork for college and pack up for my dorm room. And with all of that going on, I dropped my phone in water, causing me to have to get a new phone and lose all my contacts. It's September and university was finally starting. I drove to the University of Sydney and parked in front of the Girls' Dormitories building. A lady came up to me and asked for my name. "Daniela Gray."

"Here is your key. You are in room 319. Third floor. All your information is in the room." She smiled, handed me the key, and left to go help someone else. I put the key in my pocket and got one of the workers to help me out with my luggage. We went up to the third floor using the building's elevator. "319 is down there," He pointed to the left part of the hallway, "Bring the cart down when you're done." I thanked him as he left. I walked down the hallway with the cart right behind me. I put the key into the door's keyhole and opened the door. The room was small but I noticed I could get first pick on a bed. I rolled the cart into the room causing the door to shut. Before I unloaded the cart, I sat on one of the beds, then the other one. After I chose the 2nd bed, I started unloading my luggage. I then took the keys and rolled the cart into the elevator. I took it down to the lower level. When I was going back up, the elevator was packed with carts and girls. Surprisingly, the elevator went up the 3rd floor fast. The doors opened, allowing me and other girls to come off. All the girls went to the right side of the hallway but one. That one girl seemed like she was following me. It was weird. I stopped at my room but I guess she wasn't looking and she bumped into me. "Oops, I am so sorry." She began. Before I could say anything she noticed the room number. "This is my room!"