{1}

Carla POV

"Can you tell me what this is Suni?" Carla took a little picture of an apple out of a toy treasure box.
"Apple!" The three-year-old girl said in a high-pitched voice.
"Yes, Good job! You did so good today." Carla complimented her, patting her head as she handed her the picture to put it in her pink notebook.
Their attention was taken off their tasks when they heard a door shutting with a loud bang.
"Are my mommy and daddy back home?" The five-year-old Jaehyung asked Carla, looking up from the paper where he is drawing pictures of fruits next to the words.
"I don't know, Jaehyung. Let's finish this and then we can go check. Okay?" Carla didn't want to lie to the boy but in her nine months that she was teaching these kids at their home, she knew that the sound they just heard was never a good sign. The boy nodded and went back to his drawing.
"How about we listen to a story of an apple that was angry because it fell from the tree?" Carla knew she needed to have the kids ears covered when the noises started to get louder.
They both agreed even if the boy was complaining since she had said, they would go and see his parents. But with the promise of some ice cream, she could convince him to first listen to the story. As the children put their headphones on, Carla checked that they could not hear what was going on. When they were mesmerized by the story, she got up quietly to leave the room. The moment she had her hand on the doorknob, she heard glass shattering. She looked back over her shoulder to make sure the kids did not hear anything then she ran towards the kitchen where she heard a female voice shouting.
As she opened the door, she rushed in front of the woman to stop her from attacking the man kneeling before her.
"MRS. JUNG! PLEASE STOP!" Carla screamed, holding the elevated wrist of the woman firmly.
The woman was hysterical and started to fight Carla off. The latter heard sobbing behind her back, so she turned to see the man slumping down. His eyes were bloodshot and his face stained with tears. There were also bruises on his chin and a cut under his eyes from which blood droplets were rolling down slowly over his cheek.
"Are you okay, Hoseok?"

During her time in this household, she had become friends with the father of the two kids

During her time in this household, she had become friends with the father of the two kids. He was the one that was most of the time at home to look after the children when his wife was traveling the world pursuing her career as a fashion designer. Often Hoseok would join his kids for their English lessons just to be close to them. As he was a member of the popular kpop group BTS, he was busy at times too, therefore he had convinced his wife to employ a homeschool teacher so that the kids could come along with them as they toured for work.
And this is how Carla had found her way to the Jung home. She wanted a change in her life after her divorce so she applied for a teaching post in Korea. The contact had been made through an agency and she would have never dreamt to meet one of the biggest groups on the planet right now, but even without a proper interview, because Mrs. Jung had been too busy, she had been hired just because she was fluent in four languages and had a diploma in mathematics. The first two months she had not seen Mrs. Jung once. The only things she knew about her were the things the kids would tell her when they were crying because they missed their mother so much.