{19}

Carla was waiting impatiently for any news from Hoseok, but he seemed to be occupied, as he did not read any of her messages since yesterday morning.
She jumped up from the couch to get her phone, lying on the table next to it, when she heard the familiar beep announcing a new message.

For a moment, Carla considered staying home and waiting for Hoseok to call her, but then she just texted an "Okay" back, hoping to get her mind off of the man she loved and his life right now

Namjoon arrived at the same time as Jungkook's wife Isabella at his house. He greeted her before urging her to get into the house.
"How is he?" Rachel asked the moment they stepped inside.
"Yoongi just called a minute ago. They are stitching him up, and he might need surgery for his leg. But they will have to run more tests to be sure."
"And Carla does not know anything about it?" Isabella inquired as they walked further into the house.
"No, not for now, at least. And that is why I wanted you here with us. We will have to tell her as soon as she arrives, and I can only imagine how she will react."
"Poor girl, first she has to let him go back to his ex and now this. She will be heartbroken."

Their conversation was cut short when the doorbell rang.
"Oh, hey! You are finally here." Rachel greeted her with a smile, but somehow Carla sensed something was off. When she walked inside the living room, she became anxious when she saw Namjoon sitting on the couch with his phone in hand.
Isabella came towards her, and Carla could see the sadness and worries in her eyes.
"Okay, what happened? I can see that something is off!" Carla gestured wildly as she looked at Rachel and Isabella.
"You better take a seat!" Rachel advised her, gesturing towards the couch. Their whole behavior made her very worried.
"Where is he? Where is Hoseok?" Carla was panicking. She knew that something awful must have happened to him, and she was starting to fear the worst. Tears were running down her face as she looked at the people around her for a response.
"He is in the hospital." Carla stood up and ran towards the front door, not waiting for Namjoon to tell her anything more. But the BTS leader was quick to stop her by grabbing her arm.
"Wait! Let me tell you what happened first, then we go and see him."

Carla crumbled in Namjoon's arms, sobbing as Hoseok's smiling face appeared before her closed eyes.
Namjoon led her back to the living room, where he seated her between the two other women who immediately hugged her to comfort her and give her support for what was about to come.
"First of all, the other guys are with him in the hospital, and Emilia and Brandy are watching the kids."
"Jaehyung and Suni?" Carla suddenly exclaimed, trying to get up, but the wives had a firm grip on her.
"Don't worry! They have been at Jimin's place since yesterday." Rachel informed, and Carla was grateful to know that they were safe at least.
"Jimin was the one to find him this morning. He got worried because Hoseok did not come to pick up the kids. I do not know every detail, but Jimin was crying so hard when we met up with him. He stammered something about blood and handcuffs."
"What?" Carla could not believe her ears, crying even more.
"Sorry, we have to wait for Hoseok to wake up to get to know what happened. Yoongi just called to let me know that they will take him to surgery soon!"
"Surgery?" Carla couldn't stop crying as Rachel was rubbing her back to comfort her.
"His leg is broken. But before that, they had to stitch up the wounds on his back. He has also lost a lot of blood." Namjoon looked at Carla, trying to fight his own rage for the sake of her.