{8}

"Hey, not so loud. You will wake up the kids."
Hoseok came into a sitting position, extending his hand to the floor next to the bed. He grabbed the piece of clothing she asked for and held it up.
She yanked it out of his hands, to walk off in embarrassment, her cheeks the prettiest tone of pink he had ever seen.

Minutes later, she appeared back fully dressed in a t-shirt and shorts.
"Did we?" She asked with a shaky voice.
It was then that he understood that she did not remember what had happened hours ago.
"Did we what?" He tried to tease her, acting innocently.
"Don't play dumb Jung Hoseok!" She rested her hands on her hips as she held his gaze.
"No, we did not. You were super wasted when you came home, stepped out of your panties, and fell asleep." He lied holding her stare the best he could.
"Ooofff, good."
Hoseok was not sure why her words hurt him.
"After our little exchange yesterday afternoon, I know that you are still in love with your wife." She continued, now avoiding to look at him, cleaning around the room.
Hoseok closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the back of the bed. Before his inner eyes, both their kiss but also their time together during the night snapped back. He wanted to ask her so many questions. Why did you drink yesterday before coming home? Do you like me? But most and for all, he thought about if she would hate him if he told her what they did last night.

The moment he wanted to ask her at least if she really thought that their kiss was a mistake, his kids ran in, jumping onto the bed.
"Good morning Daddy!" Suni exclaimed enthusiastically.
Hoseok put his doubts and questions aside for now.
"Should we go for breakfast at the small café down the street?" He suggested looking at Carla.
"Yeah!" the kids shouted, Jae-hyung running over to Carla to take her hand to drag her with him.
"Let's get dressed then," Hoseok told them, lifting Suni in his arms to bring her to the bedroom to change, Jae-hyung was right behind him, leaving Carla to use the bathroom to replace her outfit.

Ten minutes later the kids were nagging in the living room for their dad to hurry up. Hoseok had redone his clothes for the third time. Why he did want to look extra good today, he did not know. He checked his appearance in the mirror, adding a bucket hat, before walking out of the bedroom.
At that moment, Carla came out of the bathroom, he blinked several times when he took her in. She wore this light-yellow summer dress that made her glow, her hair back with a hairband and light make-up on. He felt like he was seeing her for the first time as she walked closer to him.
"What's wrong?" She asked him, checking her dress.
Only now, Hoseok realized how he was staring at her with an open mouth.
"Nothing," he shook his head before adding, "you look beautiful." He could not hide the light blush but neither did she.
"Thank you."

The kids jogged towards them to take their hands to dragged them away from their intense moment

"Hurry up. I could eat a donkey." The little boy announced while they walked outside.
"You could what?" Hoseok asked, looking at him walking between him and Carla holding hands.
"Eat a donkey. That is what samchon Jungkook says when he is super hungry like me"
Carla started to laugh before correcting him. "Eat a horse, not a donkey."
"And I have no doubt Jungkook could do it but how about you start by eating a whole sandwich."
Carla looked up from the young boy to smile at Hoseok's loving way to take care of his kids.