{24}

When Carla arrived in southern Europe, a car was waiting for her at the rental, just like Hoseok had said in the instructions he had left with the plane crew. The kids were tired but at the same time excited about the new environment.
"Carla, the sun is so hot here!" Jaehyung said when she put him in the booster seat next to his sister in the back of the luxury car.
Carla could not believe that Hoseok would rent such a big, expensive car, but she would not complain as she always wanted to drive such a vehicle.

After taking the driver's seat, she put the location's coordinates that Hoseok had left in the navigation system. One last check on the kids, and she drove off.

The three could not believe the beautiful scenery that was expanding before their eyes. At first, Carla was uncertain if she was going in the right direction as it was a single small road heading nowhere. However, she held her breath when she came around a little hill, with the most beautiful sight unraveling before her.
She stopped at the gate and entered the code that was on the paper with all the information. Slowly the automatic door opened, making the kids and her go "aaahhh" and "ooohhh" as they drove up the driveway.

 Slowly the automatic door opened, making the kids and her go "aaahhh" and "ooohhh" as they drove up the driveway

"Pretty!" Suni exclaimed when she looked at the surroundings.
"Very." Carla let out as she parked the car and took it all in.
As soon as she took the kids out of the car, they ran to the back of the house. Carla followed them, not wanting to let them out of sight.
"Pool!" Jaehyung jumped up and down in excitement.
"Yes, but how about we check the house out first. Maybe we can get in the pool later. Okay?"
The kids took Carla's hand and pulled her towards the house. The key was hidden, where Hoseok had indicated in his letter.
The moment she had opened the front door, the kids rushed in. They were quick to explore the house while Carla strolled through the rooms, her mind preoccupied with thoughts about Hoseok.

After they had unpacked and the sun was slowly setting, Carla opened the fridge. She was glad to see that it had been packed, with all essential food prior to their arrival.
"What do you want to eat?" She asked the kids when they came down from their rooms.
"I don't know. Just no green vegetables." Suni told her with a disgusted face as she sat on one of the stools at the counter to watch Carla.
"For me, no red vegetables," Jaehyung added as he sat next to his sister.
"Okay. As it is our first day in Italy, how about some Spaghetti Carbonara?" Carla asked as she took out all the necessary ingredients.
"What is that?" Suni looked at her in confusion.
"That are noodles. You know the one that Samchon Jimin always spells wrong." Jaehyung explained to his sister as both started to giggle.
"Are we having the funny noodles?" The girl wanted to know.
"Yes, Lachimolala noodles?" Jaehyung said, making Carla laugh.
"If that is what you call them. Yes, then we are having Lachi..."
The three were laughing hard as Carla asked the kids to help her prepare dinner.

After they were full of the delicious spaghetti, the kids asked Carla for her permission to watch some TV.
"I am not sure if you will get any Korean or English channels with cartoons here." She informed the little boy, who ran to the living room.
"Suni, are you not going with your brother?" Carla lifted the girl in her arms as she saw her sudden sad expression.
"No! I miss my daddy."
"Oh, Sweety. I miss him too." Carla confessed, hugging the little girl tighter. "Do you want us to try to call him?"
"Yes! Yes!" The girl jumped up and down in excitement.
Carla removed her phone and dialed Hoseok's number. However, the disappointment in the girl's face was huge when the call immediately went to the mailbox.
"Let's try, Samchon Yoongi." Carla tried to cheer up Suni.
Again, the call got forwarded to the mailbox. Suni started to cry as worries grew inside Carla.
"Don't cry, Sweety. We will try again later." Carla kissed the girl's forehead as she let her down.
"Okay!" She replied in a whisper as she walked with her shoulder hanging low to the living room.
Carla picked her phone up from the table and texted her boyfriend a quick message.