{17}

Warning ⚠️
Mention of sexual abuse
----------------

Hoseok closed the door of the apartment, limping as blood was staining the back of his pants.
"Oh my god, what happened to you?" Carla came running out of the living room when she saw him grabbing the table to hold himself up.
"I am okay." He reassured her when he sat down on a chair.
"No, you are not. Let me see." Carla had already brought the first aid kit out of the kitchen.
Hoseok hissed and bit hard on his lower lip when he started to pull his pants off.

Carla tried to remain calm as she looked over the wound on the back of his leg. She carefully cleaned it and bandaged it as she kneeled before him.
"Now, do you want to tell me what happened?"
Carla could see the hesitation in his face as he tried to avoid her eyes.
"It was her! Am I right?" Finally, he looked at her and what she saw made her worried.
"Yes, it was Joo-min." He finally confessed as his hands clenched hard on the seat.
"And how did she hurt you like this?"
"It seems she bought new high heels." He growled as he remembered the awful pain as she stepped into his leg.
Carla was up in an instant running towards the door.
"Carla! No!" He shouted after her. "She is gone!"
Carla turned on her heels walking slowly back to her boyfriend.
"Why can she not move on?" She asked him as tears started to fill her eyes.
"I don't know. But Joo-min wants to see us both, tomorrow. She knows about the divorce and the custody petition." Hoseok pulled his girlfriend into his arms to comfort her. He thought about telling her that she claimed to ruin their lives but decides against it.
"I am afraid, Hoseok! Afraid that one day she will hurt you so bad."
"Oh, Aein. She won't. That is the only thing I am sure about. Because then she cannot use me for her fame."
Carla looked up at his face, a forced smile on it.
"I love you with all my heart, Hoseok, but I have to tell you that sometimes you are too innocent for this world."
Hoseok pulled her back against his chest, kissing the top of her head.
"That's why I have you. To show me the right way."

The following morning, the two drove the kids to their dance respective guitar lessons that they attended once a week. After kissing them and telling them to behave and that they will pick them up for lunch, Hoseok and Carla drove to his mansion that his soon-to-be ex-wife still occupied and also held her atelier. As they arrived at the back door that gave access to the workshop, they found it open. Slowly they stepped inside, looking around, to not be surprised if she would come at them out of nowhere.

"Joo-min! Are you here?" Hoseok yelled loud enough for her to hear it throughout the whole building.
"Look, there is a note on the desk!" Carla pointed to the piece of paper that was placed in the middle of the table.

"Really!" He exclaimed as he scrunched up the paper before throwing it in the bin. Carla came up behind him to let her arms come around him to kiss his shoulder blade in an attempt to comfort him.
"Is there anything you still need from inside the house now that we are here?"
Carla moved towards the little entrance that gave them access to the main house.
"Maybe some of the toys the kids like to play with. And one or two pieces of equipment for my studio that I left in the basement." He let her know.
"Let's go then and get the things before she comes back. I am sure she won't miss them." Hoseok took Carla's hand before guiding her into the empty house.