{10}

It had been a struggle these last weeks for Hoseok to keep his distance from Carla. He craved to be near her every second of the day.
When he was away, he called her several times a day and always before he went to sleep. He needed to hear her, see her even if she gave him no chance to become more than friends with her. All his attempts to flirt with her became fruitless as she turned him down immediately throwing the friend card at him.
Yoongi advised him to be patient, to let her come to him, to not force his feelings on her.
At least, she had not told him to sleep in the bedroom with his kids.
So every night, she started on her side farthest away but snuggled closer until she was in his arms. If she did it in her sleep or not, he did not care as he cherished every moment her warm body was next to him.

Carla thought she was handling the situation with Hoseok well, even if she wasn't spending as much time with him. Impatiently, she waited every day for him to contact her and even if he asked about his kids at every call, they spent a lot of time just getting to know each other better. After every phone call, her heart would race and she knew it should not, but that stupid heart would never listen to her reasonable head.
At night, she often would let her guard down. She had debated if she should invite him to go sleep with his kids in the bedroom but once again her heart won over her mind and she did not ask. Pretending to sleep, she snuggled closer to him, slowly crawling into his waiting arms. On several occasions, she had caught him kissing the crown of her head, wishing her sweet dreams. In the morning, she would slowly slip out of his tight embrace, striving to not wake him up. Today was the second time this week that he had not let her go, tightening his grip around her to pull her closer to his body.
"Morning, " he suddenly said, making her look up into his beautiful eyes.

 "Good morning, " she was not sure how to act so she just lowered her head back onto his chest and enjoyed his fingers softly brushing through her hair

When his phone went off, she seized the moment to slip out of his embrace and bed, to jog to the bathroom.
Inside the safe place, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her face was rosy and she could feel the embarrassment of not being able to resist that man, running through her body.
Splashing cold water on her face, she checked her appearance again. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, however it had the opposite effect as Hoseok's face from minutes ago came back to her.
"You need to put distance between you both." She mumbled as she heard a knock on the door.
"Carla?" The sweet little voice of Jaehyung resonated the other side of the door, "I need to pee."
Carla immediately opened the door, the little boy rushing inside. She stepped outside, smiling as she closed the door behind her.

As she strolled to the kitchen, she found Hoseok with a cup of coffee in his hand leaned against the counter. He was still on the phone, gesturing for her to take the cup as he grabbed another mug.
"I will ask her Joon, and let you know after. Bye."
Hoseok put his phone on the counter to come closer to her. She flinched when his hand moved toward her head.
"There is something in your hair," he explained as he softly removed a lint. Standing so close to him, made her heartbeat race before it stopped a beat when his face lowered in front of her.
"Do you have plans tonight?" He asked her, their noses almost touching.
"No, I can watch the kids if you want to go out."
"That is not why I asked!"
Slowly Carla moved sideways along the counter that had her trapped.
"Namjoon asked if you would join us for a night out."
"A night out?" Carla inquired of him as she finally let out a breath, she was holding in all this time.
"Yes, BTS is invited to the opening of this new club. We normally don't go clubbing but the owner is a producer friend of ours, so we kind of want to help him boost his business."
Carla was not sure why she was asked to join them.