{21}

Namjoon held Carla up as he could see her body going into panic mode.
"Please, Carla. I know how you feel. I feel the same, but we need to remain calm. Let us find out where he is first?"
Carla looked up at Namjoon's face, nodding but inside of her, she was an emotional wreck. All those gruesome thoughts of what was happening right now to the man she loved ran through her head.
"Excuse me, miss?" Namjoon walked over to a nurse that was just coming out of another room. "Can you tell me what happened to Jung Hoseok, the patient in this room?"
"Let me check," the young woman said as she strolled towards the computer that was at the nurses' desk.
Carla closed her eyes, taking deep breaths, trying her best not to freak out. She prayed that he only was transferred to another room, but inside she knew that this was Joo-min's doing.
"The patient was released. He will receive the rest of his treatment at home."
"At home?" Namjoon replied in confusion.
"Yes, often people that can afford to have a nurse at home will opt for that solution. It gives them more privacy."
The voice inside her head screamed for them to call the police to get him help, but how could they know if he was in danger.
"Can I ask for your names?" The nurse looked at them.
"I'm Kim Namjoon, and she... She is my girlfriend."
It was obvious that Namjoon was still trying to hide her identity to avoid creating more problems for his friend and Carla.
"Well, Mr. Jung left a letter for you, Mr. Kim." The nurse handed Namjoon an envelope with his name.
He thanked the young women before guiding Carla back to the car. The latter was dying in curiosity to see what her boyfriend had written to his friend.
Inside the safety of the car, he finally opened the letter and read it out loud.

Carla immediately saved the number on her phone. She was about to call when Namjoon stopped her.
"He will call you. If you try to contact him, you might put him in danger."
Carla sighed, knowing that he was right. Having him getting caught would be the worst thing possible, and she knew he could not resist picking up if he saw her number.
"Okay. I am just worried." Carla looked at her hands in her lap.
"I am too. For now, we should do what Hoseok instructed. Keep the kids safe. Just to avoid any further problems, it might be better if you do not visit them or even come to any of the houses of the Bangtan family. I know it is hard, and I understand that you have found a family with us too, but I am worried that if Joo-min finds out, she will hurt him, and this time it could be way worse than the last time."
It made Carla's heart ache not to be able to go to Rachel and Namjoon's house or to Brandy and Jimin, who did not complain once to look after Jaehyung and Suni. But in the end, she knew that her priority now was to keep Hoseok safe, so that maybe in the future, they could find a way to be back together.
Namjoon drove her home, telling her to be patient and that in any case, they would find a way to get Hoseok out of that awful relationship.
"Please, even if you cannot visit, stay in touch. She cannot control our phones, so call or text. And if you hear from Hoseok..."
"You don't need to say. You will be the first I'll inform." Carla gave Namjoon a small smile.