Chapter 34: Reveal

Jisung was in an exceptionally good mood after his and Minho's talk. Walking to lunch, he couldn't wait to tell Chan and Changbin. "Guys!" he called when he spotted them. Almost the whole group was there, excluding Minho and Jeongin who were getting food. "What? What is it this time?" Chan smacked Changbin upside the head. "Be nice. What is it, Sung?"
    "You'll never guess what-"
    "Hey! Sungie's here!" Jisung turned in his seat, spotting Minho and Jeongin with their trays. "Hey, Innie! Hey Minho!" Minho caught Jisung's eye, sitting down next to him, leaning in, and whispering, "Are you gonna tell them, or am I?" Jisung suddenly grew shy, cheeks going rosy. That seemed to happen a lot around Minho. "You can tell them," he mumbled, finding his lap oddly interesting.
    "What were you saying, Sung?" Felix asked. Under the table, Minho grabbed Jisung's hand and gave it a little squeeze. Jisung squeezed back as Minho said, "I asked him out on a date this morning! And, drumroll please!" Felix immediately dropped Changbin's hand, the freckled boy and Hyunjin beating on Seungmin's back. "Hey! What the-" "He said yes!" No one looked surprised, confusing Jisung but not Minho.
    "Oh hunny, we knew about the planned asking out. We also knew you'd say yes."
    Jisung leaned forward, slamming his head on the table and groaning loudly. His friends all laughed lightly at this. "So does this mean you guys are dating?" Jisung looked at Minho, then at Seungmin. "Not... Not yet..." It was the Changlix moment all over again, loud groans all around the table.
    When the groans died down, Chan spoke up. "So, when's the date?" Jisung thought for a second, shrugging and looking at Minho. "This weekend, if that's alright with your schedule?" Jisung nodded, looking back at Chan. "This weekend," he repeated, causing Changbin to face-palm. "We have ears, Sung." Jisung stuck his tongue out at his friend childishly, smiling mischievously right after.

    After school, Jisung waited by his locker for his crush, arms crossed while he leaned against the metal. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a group of boys look at him and laugh. Pulling his arms tight around himself, Jisung focused on a tile on the floor. "Hey, Sungie!" he heard. Looking up, he saw Minho walking toward him.
    Not able to help it, Jisung looked at the same group. When he caught the eyes of one of them the boy smiled. The smile wasn't a nice one, it was mocking, it was cruel. Jisung tried to look away, but he only caught the eyes of the others. They were all looking at him. He couldn't look away.
    He felt frozen.
    He felt scared.
    "Hey Sungie, let's go," Minho said, pausing and taking notice of Jisung's uncomfortable posture. Jisung's eyes were panicked, his breathing shallow, his arms getting tighter and tighter around himself. Minho followed the other's gaze to the group of boys, a switch flipping. "Sungie, do you want me to get you somewhere quiet? To the courtyard maybe?" Jisung nodded short and quick.
    Leading him by the shoulder, Minho walked the two of them toward the entrance. "How embarrassing." It was quiet, meant for his friends to hear, but Jisung and Minho heard it anyway.
    "I'm gonna beat their asses."