Chapter 41: Finally!

Seungmin came walking into the room looking at his phone. "Hey mom, what're we having for dinner?" he asked, looking up. He was confused to see Hyunjin sitting at the table with tears in his eyes. "What's happened? I thought you left," Seungmin said, making his way over. Hyunjin looked at Mrs. Kim, who smiled and nodded.
    Standing up, Hyunjin grabbed Seungmin's hand and pulled him off to the his room. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" But no matter what he asked, Hyunjin stayed silent. Once in the safety of Seungmin's room, Hyunjin spoke. "There's something I have to tell you. And I don't need an answer, or pity, or anything in return. Just, please listen…"
    Hyunjin took a deep breath and started talking. "I know you have a crush, and that they're probably a hundred times better than me in every way, but I like you. I have for a long time. I don't expect you to like me back, I just needed to tell you because hearing about your crush hurts. I don't want us to be awkward, and I'm completely content with just being friends. Just as long as I don't lose you…"
    The two sat in silence for a couple of seconds before Seungmin said anything. "Well that's a relief!" Hyunjin looked at him, confused. "I thought something bad had happened," Seungmin clarified, continuing. "This is great news though!" The confused expression on Hyunjin's face never left, only turned more so confused.
    "Hyunjin, I like you too!" Seungmin said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. An enormous smile slowly spread across Hyunjin's face as it sank in that his crush liked him back. "Really? Are you for real? Because I swear, if you're lying I migt just cry and-" Seungmin cut him off with a call of his name. "I'm serious, Jinnie. I like you too."
    Hyunjin, unable to control his excitement, leapt forward on top of Seungmin and hugged him. "Woah! Okay!" Seungmin exclaimed with a huff. "You don't know how long I've waited for this!" Hyunjin said loudly. "I have to go tell Mom!" Suddenly getting off of Seungmin, Hyunjin froze at the door.
    "We're boyfriends now, right?" Hyunjin asked, turning around slowly. Seungmin nodded with a smile, causing the smile to mirror on Hyunjin's face. Running out of the room, the older rushed to the kitchen where Mrs. Kim was finishing her cooking. "Mom! Mom!" he called excitedly. Mrs. Kim turned around, setting down the plates of food she was holding.
    "Yes?" Hyunjin beamed, jumping up and down in a circle. "Guess what?" Mrs. Kim played along, her mother's instinct already telling her what had happened. "What?" "She had barely gotten the word out when Hyunjin yelled out the answer. "I have a boyfriend! He likes me back!" Mrs. Kim enveloped Hyunjin in a hug, smiling from ear to ear at the news.
    "That's wonderful, Jinnie!" she said while squeezing the teenager. Seungmin appeared in the doorway of the kitchen, leaning on it and watching the scene in front of him. "Seungmin, come here!" Mrs. Kim said excitedly, letting go of Hyunjin to hug her son. Seungmin walked toward her, allowing her to wrap her arms around him.
    Once all of the hugs were out of their systems, Hyunjin walked over to Seungmin and spoke to him in his same excited voice. "We have to tell the others!"