Chapter 22: Shared Secrets

Jisung's mom helped him change the bandages on his arms to fresh ones after a careful shower. The next day, when he woke up to get ready, Jisung weighed his options.
    He could steal the hoodie, give it back another time.
    Or he could give it back today.
    While he put on a long sleeved shirt and some jeans, he thought. Jisung didn't really like the second option as much as the first, but his voices told him to do that one anyway. So, forgetting a jacket because he was holding one, he set off for school. Since yesterday, he's been feeling a bit better. The feeling came back, but left as soon as it came.
    "Hey Sungie, how ya feeling?" Seungmin asked as the boy with glasses sat down. "Better than yesterday. Where's Minho? I have to give him his hoodie." Jisung replied, looking around. He spotted the boy coming their way and relaxed. "Hey guys." Minho said, sitting down. "I'm not gonna ask how you're feeling, 'cause I bet just about the whole world has asked already."
    He was right, both of Jisung's parents had asked, Seungmin asked, Chan and Changbin asked over text. They all got the same answer, so he was glad someone wasn't asking. "Here's this by the way." Jisung said, holding out the folded, and washed, hoodie. "You can keep it. You didn't bring a jacket, and that sweater is quite thin." Minho said.
    Jisung nodded, blushing lightly.
    Minho smiled, blushing lightly.
    Their friends watched on, trying not to disturb the two with their fanboying.

    During class, Minho thought back to his conversation with Chan.

    "If you hurt him, you know I won't be happy. You know I'll take his side over yours, unless he's in the wrong. I'd explain a lot more, but I'm pretty sure you know what I'm feeling. A secret for a secret, I'm crushing on your best friend." Minho's jaw dropped, shock written all over his face. "You like Jeongin?" he whispered, more to himself than anyone else. Chan nodded, smiling. "Well I guess you know the terms and conditions!" Minho said, causing laughter to erupt from the both of them.
    The cat lover smiled softly. They would make a cute couple. Not cuter than him and Jisung would though. Taking his eyes from the ceiling, Minho started trying to pay attention to class.
    Keyword trying.
    For some reason, today was worse than yesterday. Jisung was running Minho's mind and wasn't losing stamina. For reasons he knew perfectly well, it was probably gonna be a long day.