Chapter 33: Believe It

"Since a little before you called me handsome."
    Jisung went bright red, burying his face into his sweater paws... Of the hoodie Minho lent him. Realizing this, Jisung took his hands from his face, looking down at the ground instead. "Well then! We'll leave you two to talk!" Jisung's head snapped up, the glasses-clad boy glaring at Chan and Changbin's retreating figures.
    Minho sat down across from Jisung, who was back to staring intensely at the table. "Do you wanna talk about it?" the older asked. Jisung sighed, feeling as if he might cry. "No, not really... But I guess we should..." Looking up, Jisung was met with a gentle smile and encouraging eyes. "Are you mad?" Minho shook his head, pulling a small weight off of Jisung's shoulders. "Grossed out? Wanna talk to tell me we can't be friends anymore?"
    Minho's smile, if possible, softened even more. "No and no. I- well I was gonna wait until Friday... But then this came up! I was gonna ask you out on Friday... Like, on a date..." Jisung's eyes widened at the news, not knowing what to say. "I've been dropping hints, trying to get you to notice. I guess that I wasn't being obvious enough!" Minho said, chuckling when he finished.
    Jisung's heart was beating a mile a minute, the poor boy's cheeks red as blood. "I'm gonna take your silence and red face as a good sign?" Finally snapped out of his trance, Jisung looked at Minho. "This has to be a prank." Minho frowned. "Do you really think I would do something so mean?" Jisung shook his head quickly, looking down as he spoke. "It's just... Things like this- Boys like you... I would've never thought I'd have even the tiniest of chances..."
    This only caused Minho's frown to deepen. "What do you mean? I happen to think you're a really awesome person!" the older exclaimed, crossing his arms and looking accomplished. "Well, thank you for thinking that... But I'm really not all that..." Jisung looked back down at the table, feeling like he was fishing for compliments. "I mean- Well it's just-"
    "It's okay, Sungie. I get it. But just you wait, I'm gonna change your mind about you!" Minho said, placing his hands on the table and leaning forward. Jisung smiled, wanting nothing more than to move his hand that couple of inches to hold Minho's. "It's not like I don't love myself... I just don't as much as I'd like to." Minho nodded, understanding where the other was coming from.
    "Onto a different, happier topic, what do you say about that date?"
    Jisung's head snapped up, his eyes immediately meeting Minho's. Quickly looking away, cheeks hot with redness, he stuttered out his answer. "I- I mean... Well I'd love to- to go on a... Date with you?" Looking back at Minho, Jisung saw a hint of fear in his eyes. "You don't sound all that certain. Don't force yourself to go on this date with me... It's okay if you don't want to," Jisung shook his head frantically. "No! No, I want to! It's just- I still can't believe this is really happening!"
    Minho smiled brightly, standing up as the bell rang. "Well you'd better start believing it! Let's get to class."