Chapter 9: Closer

Jisung was walking from his last class to his locker when he heard it. It was so loud. Looking behind himself, he spotted Felix and Hyunjin being their usual selves. Nobody in the school was paying any attention, not even the teachers, to the spectacle. Jisung got more and more nervous as the two approached, feeling as if all eyes were on him because he's their friend. The two stopped right next to the anxious boy, their chatter seeming endlessly loud.

Then he was saved by an angel.

    Minho walked up, wrapping an arm around Jisung's shoulder. "You guys are being very loud!" he spoke over their conversation. "You're making Sungie anxious." the two looked at Jisung apologetically. "Sorry Sungie!" they said in unison. "Well, me and Sungie are supposed to be working on a project right now, so! Adios!" Minho said, pulling Jisung away as two thirds of the devil trio shouted their goodbyes.

.

.

.

    The walk to Jisung's house was silent, not uncomfortable but the opposite. "Are you alright?" Minho asked out of the blue, Jisung looking at him curiously. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Earlier you were anxious as heck, are you alright now?" Minho asked once more. Jisung nodding, and smiling. "I'm doin' alright! Thanks to you it didn't get very bad!" he said, beaming at Minho. "You really do look like a squirrel!" the cat boy said, poking Jisung's forehead. The squirrel boy scoffed. "And you love pussy!"

Minho proceeded to chase Jisung the rest of the way to the house.

.

.

.

    Jisung was sprawled out on his bed, Minho sitting on the floor. "This is stupid!" Minho exclaimed, laying out on his back. "I know, right?" Jisung responded, flipping over so he was on his back as well with his head hanging off the side of the bed. "We should talk!" Jisung suggested. Minho hummed in agreement. "About what though?" "I don't know, tell me about yourself!" Minho thought for a moment, deciding on what to share. "You first!"

    The two ended up talking for hours, going on and on about nothing in particular. What they talked about may seem unimportant to some, but to them every little detail was ingrained into their memory. I mean, someone' favorite color may not be as important as their birthday, but hey, even knowing the smallest detail could make someone's day someday. When their conversation died down finally and they checked the time, the two were very surprised to find it already ten.

"We talked for forever!"

"We really did!"

    After a short and comfortable silence, Jisung realized something. Minho was probably going to stay the night. "Do you wanna... maybe... i don't know..." Jisung rambled, avoiding the question. "Stay the night? Sure!"